WORD Web Pages don't appear!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WORD Web Pages don't appear!

I'm losing it!!! When I save a WORD document as a webpage it creates an htm file. However, when I use BlueFTP and copy it over to my blue voda site. it does not appear! It shows it as going over buyt nothing appears. Then I tried simply transferring a WORD.doc over....it doesn't go! What am I missing

Many thanks

Re: WORD Web Pages don't appear!

If you are using BV builder, you must publish via BV, not uploading. Blue Ftp is for uploading .pdf, .swf, .doc, etc....

What you seem to want to do must be done through cpanel, but you still have to have index.html, or index.php, or something along that course for the main page of your site. In my current studies, I am constantly required to be using notepad, not wordpad for this course of action....

Wordpad adds its own formatting and notepad does not...

Alas, I must remind you that I am not in authority on this subject in anyway...
    Karen Williams
    Your Belief is Your Reality

Comment

You are saving a WORD doc as webpage (.htm) but when you FTP is says successful but does not actually appear/ftp ???
      Make sure that the WORD .htm is not open at the time as it will not transfer but will appear to ftp to the server.
      If the enter the URL in your browser you get a 404 Error?
      CarbonTerry
      Semper Fi
      Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
      Zone 5 Photo
      My USMC

Comment

Hallelulah, Terry to the rescue!
        Karen Williams
        Your Belief is Your Reality

Comment

Word will not allow you to create a web page: the ability to save a copy of an HTML version is only for such things as preparing signatures in Outlook, formatting that can be inserted into an email (as via Outlook or even ACT), or as an "element" that can be incorporated into true HTML coding (it will create the code for whatever is formatted). Similar to what Karen was intimating, the residual formatting across foundations is a problem even yet, nothwithstanding User understandings....and Notebook is the only "free" resident pure textual editor (having emerged as a re-write from the archaic "NorthStar" Word Processor of years past).

Additionally, Word 2007 (all versions) has had this ability removed, as there was always a conflict involved in transposing formatted extensions laterally (never mind Users kept forgetting to first set HTML as the defaulted mode vs. Plain or Rich). This was done to preface the enhanced abilities of both Vista and the soon to be released Vienna (which is all online applications-based).

The only previous title Microsoft distributed that would be able to produce something of a rudimentary web page was Publisher .... but that too, has/had it's limitations.

Blue Voda is light years ahead of any of the above titles, and produces far superior results easier than any other tool on the Net. However, trying to surrrepticiously publish a Blue Voda created web page on anything but a VodaHost server or to abrogate standard WWW protocols by trying to tweak technologies to do something they were not designed (or allowed) to do is fruitless:
          Blue Voda pages are Published only to VodaHost servers using the PUBLISH functions within Blue Voda;
          FTP is for larger or singular formated files (extensions, as mentioned above: .txt; .fla. .swf; .php; .xml etc.);
          FTP clients can be configured within cPanel for each VodaHost account for both Users and clients (dreamweaver, etc.);
          Access to all accounts share the same User Name and Passwords as established and noted in every VodaHost Account Welcome Email.
          . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
          * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
          X