Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• first build out in the real world...

hi,
    i've been struggling with building this for a couple of weeks now- not having ever worked with sites or code before.
    i've kept it clean and simple,out of necessity.
    please look it over, see what you think- try the site out...does it feel right? do you want to buy the posters? etc....
    i have had some help, and without it i'd never have got this far... it should all be working ok,but i can't test it properly now...my pc won't let me complete the form...so it's over to you to test, play, and see if it's ok to keep, or start again??

many thanks,
    with great trepidation!
    sharon

www.gemporium.biz
    cheers muchly,
    Sharon Simmons

www.gemporium.biz for funky artphotos
    www.gemporiumtm.etsy.com for funky jewellery

Re: first build out in the real world...

Well Sharon.............I have seen you around the forums and if this website
    is any guide, then you have learnt your lessons well.........lol

Very well designed and presented.............

One thing I came across was that when you go to your shopping basket at paypal, you are forced to open a new browser window if you wish to continue shopping....................can this be changed?¿?¿?

The other point is that your form throws up my email screen, so more work is needed on your form.

Well done Sharon..................will have another look later because your website is nice and easy on the eye.
    Have fun
    Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
    Newbies / Beginners Forum
    FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
    My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
    Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Hi, like the images on the site. The only thing that i can see being a problem is most of the site is images. (Even the text) This means the SE's will have very little to go on with what you site is about.
      You have .................................
      we sell our original artphotos as limited edition posters/prints. we adapt customer photos, or take commissioned motorsport photos and adapt them to our style.">
      as a description, but no text on the page to back this up..
      Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Hi Sharon,
        Have clicked in all the links and the pages need a limit of 800X600 otherwise people have to scroll sideways. Sticking to these numbers all your pages will fit in all screens.
        And, as Chris said above, you have plenty of pictures and no content, which is very important if you want the SE's to find you and place you well when someone look for what you have to offer.

Cheers,
        N Z B R
        t o u r s
        New Zealand Tours
        Excursiones en Nueva Zelanda
        Nova Zelandia Pacotes e Roteiros
        Nouvelle Zelande Voyage
        Neuseeland Reisen

Comment

hi,
          well, thanks for such positive comments!!
          i've pulled most of my hair out, stumbled every step, it's been horrific fun, and i guess i have learnt alot- even though i've felt as clever as a 5 year old at times!! you guys on the forum have helped tremendously- thanks so much!!

david- thanks for that! i will relook at checkout- i thought i'd set it to popup, leaving site in the background, but still put header links in , just in case.
          the form is also my biggest issue, i've had help with it, and i'm told it works fine, but not from any pc's i can get onto.i can't even get the correctly revised form to publish properly.

collector- thanks, have you any suggestions for how i could keep my text looking boxed in as it currently does, but so that it shows as text? i assumed that as i typed it, it would be classed as text in the boxes...see, still learning!!

nzbr- thankyou, i'll see what i can do about less pics, but until i can get my head round databases i'm stuck. i did want a table of images linked to a db, but it's way over my head!
          changing page width should be easy enough, but length will have to stay the same due to the db issue.

thanks guys,
          sharon
          cheers muchly,
          Sharon Simmons

Comment

Sharon
            Use the shape icon to create your box.
            use a text box for your text
            move the text box over your shape and bring it to the front.

Then you can select certain keywords to point/link to your other pages which will be picked up by the SEO's
            Have fun
            Regards..... David

Comment

The site is off to a great start what has been mentioned in the previous threads is that thres very little tex for search engines this is just a suggestion why not describe briefly about the flowers where they originate from and same for the cars make model just add a little info goes a long way your off to a great start good luck.
              sigpicJoe
              Funny Jokes and Redneck Pics

www.anytime-figurines.com

"laughter is the best medicine"
              The most wasted of all days is one without laughter. ~e.e. cummings

Comment

Sharon

If you change all your "contact us" links to naval's updated form:

everything should work ok............nice one naval..........
                Have fun
                Regards..... David

Comment

hi guys,
                  thanks again, i will work on these suggestions, but right at this moment i'm feeling so depressed over it i dare not touch a single thing in case i make things worse!!
                  i'm really happy that the form works, i got a mail and pic through from naval...fantastic!
                  but it just makes it worse that all i get is currently a 404, or prior to that, an error page saying the email entry was wrong. what's wrong with my pc?? why can't i see it like you guys??

i'll take a break, grab a coffee, calm down, and hope i can get my head round it before i throw the towel in.

thanks again, guys
                  sharon
                  cheers muchly,
                  Sharon Simmons

Comment

Good work Sharon...nice website, simple and clean

www.bluelemonstudio.com

Comment

Originally posted by davidundalicia View Post
                      Sharon

If you change all your "contact us" links to naval's updated form:

everything should work ok............nice one naval..........
                      Naval's updated form works fine beacause I received a copy of the info that I filled out.......
                      Your only problem is that all your contact me links are pointing/linked to the wrong form.....change your links as I have suggested and you will be fine.

PS. could do with a cup of tea myself...........byeeeeeeeee
                      Have fun
                      Regards..... David

Comment

HI,
                        Well, that break and coffee did the trick!
                        I've got all the text done, and overlays for links...seems to be working fine...so now I should get searched more? that'll be great!

I'm a bit confused as to why my "contact us" links need to go to the upload form, particularly as the upload form isn't appropriate for those links, ie they are direct queries to me via email.
                        if they are causing a conflict as they are, is there another way i can allow inquiries via email? or link the upload form via a different type of link?

also, can you think of a reason why, when publishing the revised ABV form, only the php file is going to the folder, and the html file is disappearing into space.what have i set wrong? if i can get the right form into the folder the rest of my problems should be solved...

If it's all working, bar it being the wrong form, then once that is sorted I won't have to do anymore to the site....that'll be such a blessing, and relief!! to all, i should imagine!!

thanks again,
                        sharon
                        cheers muchly,
                        Sharon Simmons

Comment

Sharon, the top picture on info/prices is missing and the 'Your Photos' text box has moved to the left a little.
                          Lovely work and very impressive pictures.
                          Nice clean site.
                          Patsy
                          www.waterlandspark.co.uk

Comment

Answered in red..............and sorry about confusing you.

Originally posted by sharon s View Post
                            HI,

I'm a bit confused as to why my "contact us" links need to go to the upload form, particularly as the upload form isn't appropriate for those links, ie they are direct queries to me via email.
                            if they are causing a conflict as they are, is there another way i can allow inquiries via email? or link the upload form via a different type of link?

My fault Sharon, I thought that your contact us form would have an upload field included.......Ignore my comments about linking to naval's upload form. The 2 are quite seperate.
                            What you need now is just another simple contact form created the way your upload was done, but you just need fewer fields.

also, can you think of a reason why, when publishing the revised ABV form, only the php file is going to the folder, and the html file is disappearing into space.what have i set wrong? if i can get the right form into the folder the rest of my problems should be solved...

You have to forget about the html part of the file.....its changed to php because thats what it contains....your upload form is working fine.

thanks again,
                            sharon
                            Have fun
                            Regards..... David

Comment

Hi guys,
                              woohoo! you'll be pleased to know I now have a fully functioning site!! we got there in the end!! my head still hurts though!!

thanks so much for your help!
                              now i need someone to buy a print, because i promised Naval a donation from the first real sale!

many thanks,
                              sharon
                              cheers muchly,
                              Sharon Simmons

Comment

Working...
                              X