Wrapping text around pictures and Google concerns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wrapping text around pictures and Google concerns

I would like to wrap text around multiple pictures on my web site similar to what can easily be done with MS Word.

I realize that if I create what I want in MS Word and then copy to BV that I lose all the formatting and it doesn't work.

I have tried placing my pictures on my page with BV and then "cutting and pasting" text into multiple text boxes. Doing this I can create the visual effect that I desire, but I am concerned how Google will look at my site. Since the text is not continuous and chopped up, will Google be able to put the text together allowing searches to find text on my site?

Another option would be to create one large text area and use “spaces” to create empty areas on the page where I could then place pictures over the text area. I believe I could create the look I desire, but again wonder how Google will deal with all the spaces in the text.

Does anyone have a better solution? I see many web pages that have text wrapped around pictures, so there must be a good way to do it.

My site is www.africandreamadventuresafaris.com

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Re: Wrapping text around pictures and Google concerns

Unfortunately BV does not wrap text like that. The only way I have found, or heard of it done is to use text boxes and break the text up manually to get the desired effect. I also like to justify my text when doing that, looks better.
    Reguards
    Ed
    www.dsondesigns.com
    www.marseillesyouthsports.com
    www.300hitter.com
    www.bigjk.net
    How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

Re: Wrapping text around pictures and Google concerns

You can also do this using tables. But its a bit uniform.
      Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Working...
      X