No announcement yet.

How do you add java links to a webpage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you add java links to a webpage?

I have some affiliate programs through Commission Junction that use java scripts for their banner links. I am having difficulty trying to figure out how to place the java script on a web page.

Here is a sample banner link:
    <script type="text/javascript" language="javascript" src="http://www.dpbolvw.net/placeholder-3014564?target=_top&mouseover=N"></script>

When I open a text box, I switch to html editing. I then paste the java script for the banner link into the box, then switch back to the text box. When I preview my page, nothing shows. What am I doing wrong?

I have tried several other banners that use java script. None work.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

www.NativeStar.org

Re: How do you add java links to a webpage?

Hi...

You have a Java button (6th from top, with a little turned J) on your left tool bar, to insert java elements into your website.

Have you tried that out?

Susana
    Susana

http://www.imperiodocha.com
    Leaf Tea & Acessories
    http://www.christiescreations.net
    Gift Baskets, Flowers and Party Favors for all occasions
    Richmond, VA

Comment

Nothing is going to show in the preview with javascript.. you have to save it and then view the website.. click up date.. then save the page then view the site

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hi, just pop the code into a html box on the front of your BV page & press preview.
        Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

SMACKS CHRIS.. this is SOHO not BV!!!!!

Have you had your MAC SMACK today! LOL

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Oh Poo! Or you know what i mean.lol

NativeStar! Stop looking for the html box. So i don't get any more K/Mac smacks.
            K/Mac smacks! Sounds like a good brand name.

Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

OK, so here is what I figured out.

You have to paste the java script into the text section, not under html. After the web page is saved, then if you return to the text editor, you will see the banner in the text box.

My problem was that I was trying to paste the java script into html. When I tried to place the java script in html, the script disappeared, although funnily enough, the banner did appear on my webpage after I saved everything. When I went back to the page editor,however, the java text and banner still did not show up in either the edit or the html sections. Isn't that odd?

Thanks for all the help and the good laugh. A little humor helps when you are confused. I was really running in circles on this one.

www.NativeStar.org

P. S. - By the way, what do you have to do to get K-Mac smacked? I was going to start a new thread to ask this. After all, it is a new topic, but I thought I might get a lot more than a smack! But hey! If I did ask the question, which forum would I use?

Comment

Mac Smacks occur when people have (im guessing) banged their head on the desk, and then post. Rational thought seems to cease to function so then they post either

1.)15 times on the board because they deem it an emergency and the more 911 calls they make.. the sooner they will get help.
                2.) The abilitiy to read anything but their own post ceases to function
                3.) They interupt my coffee, flood my private messages and email before my heart has started
                4.) They just annoy the hell out of me!

Then there are MAC SMACKS.. that are generally used affectionately to chide buddies and friends and is good natured playful manor to gently correct or just retaliate poking of fun and joking around.

You will know the difference.. The first set occurs without warning, has a tendency to cause people to throw their monitor out the window, or to make it uncomfortable to sit any longer at the computer.

In the second case, You are Notified by MAC SMACK!

In the occurance of your PS.. Never underestimate the MAC. Its never guaranteed you will get the result you expected or desired. If you get pleasure from pain.. you might walk away wondering what the hell just happened and why you thought you were equipped to deal with my darker side!

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

More Problems With Java Script

Hi,
                  I am having more problems with java script. This time it is a script from a different affiliate program than the one mentioned above.

When open a text box, I paste the script. I have tried pasting into the edit section & html section, then I save the web page. When I go to my website and open the webpage, I see nothing. When I go back to the page editor and reopen the page, I see nothing with some scripts. Some other scripts are doing strange things to the editing page layout.

Any ideas? Fortunately, I do have an option to use html script, but the java script updates automatically, making it very effortless -- if I could just figure out how to add it to my page effortlessly!

Thanks for any ideas.

www.nativeStar.org
                  The Ultimate Free Credit Card Guide

Comment

Well without a link to the page.. i cant tell you exactly whats happening. Again you are asking me to GUESS about how you are adding it. and guess about the code being used.

You are probably picking up some bad formatting that is altering the code in the method you use to copy and paste. Again.. I cant know this..

Dont make me mac smack you senseless

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Actually, I could use about a dozen good smacks in the head right about now.

I have two scripts that I am having problems with. In the text editor, I first tried pasting under edit. The second attempt was to paste into the html box

Script 1:
                      <script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.cardoffers.com/partners/a...3956"></script>

Pasted into edit page at: http://nativestar.org/index.php?pr=Test_1
                      For this one, when I save, then go back to the text editor, the text edit page looses its formatting. Positively whacko. I have to close out of soholaunch altogether and restart it.

Pasted in to html page at: http://nativestar.org/index.php?pr=Test_2

Script 2:
                      <script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.cardoffers.com/partners/a...3956"></script>

Pasted into edit page at:: http://nativestar.org/index.php?pr=Test_3

Pasted in to html page at: http://nativestar.org/index.php?pr=Test_4

Thanks for any advice you have.
                      www.nativestar.org

Comment

Ok.. on the page you want the script... drag a text box from the top down to one of the squares. Double click, open the editor, switch to html view at the bottom and paste your script in, Use CONTROL V to paste, click UPDATE down at the bottom where you chose the html view.. its right next to it.

Now.. at the top.. save the page, now preview the page or type in your site in your browser and view it as a customer.

Now this...
                        Is NOT a complete java script.. all that is.. is an affiliate link.. and you dont even NEED the script tags if thats all you are doing...

Same with the second one.. you are missing about 3 or 4 lines at the very least... the java script requires some action to be performed with it other than displaying a link..so as i said.. your copy and paste technique is bad. You arent getting all of the code picked up. Not only that. you do not even have a text element on the page.. so i have no idea where you are trying to embed these scripts.

The second way to add these codes is to copy and paste them to NOTEPAD.. save as for example.. ccaffilate1.inc or ccaffiliate1.html... either one it doesnt matter. Now on you soho page instead of a text box drag and drop the CUSTOM INC box to the page.. it will ask you what file to include and give you the option to also upload it at the same time.. upload it then select it from the drop down, click ok.. save the page and view it.

Dont make me repeat this.. ive said OVER AND OVER AND OVER about adding codes and copying codes in these threads.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

I happen to be in soho working on a new site.. and the html editor has and UPDATE, which you click, and then the TEXT Element has an UPDATE which you also CLICK.. CLICK BOTH.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Working...
                          X