PDA

View Full Version : Publishing problem!

Zipeng
08-06-2008, 05:53 PM
My domain is: jerusalemballoons.com

When I try to publish my pages I can't enter my own IP address in the publishing dialogue box. There is just a list to choose from! My username and password are correct, but when I try with any IP from the list, I get 'invalid password'. Can anyone help?

jkadin
08-06-2008, 05:58 PM
First off do you have a voda host account. If you do and do not see you I.P. address in the drop down box you may have to download blue voda again to see if has been updated to have your I.P. listed.

Zipeng
08-06-2008, 06:01 PM
Thanx for your quick reply! I'll try it out.Will all my pages be able to transfer to a new bluevoda version, though?

jkadin
08-06-2008, 06:06 PM
It should with no problem.

Zipeng
08-06-2008, 06:46 PM
Thank you for your help, Joe!
I've done all that and published my 'Coming soon...' temporary homepage!
Check it out- does it take ages to load?
www.jerusalemballoons.com (http://www.jerusalemballoons.com)

Zip

jkadin
08-06-2008, 06:55 PM
Your background it way to high in kbs at 326 kbs you need to get it down to at least 30kbs in order to do it you need to use the pix resizer heres a link to download it.
http://www.vodahost.com/pix.htm

Zipeng
08-06-2008, 07:15 PM
I have the pix resizer already, but how do I load that shape (the rectangle with purple gradient) into the resizer? Isn't it just a shape off the bluevoda program?

jkadin
08-06-2008, 07:54 PM
on the published page right click it save as image to your pictures then bring it up in the pix resizer under jpeg choose the smallest dimmensions for it click jpeg twice set it at 50% then save it as backgound. open a page get the image from your pictures and then strecth it out the kbs should be about 30 or less.

Collectors-info
08-06-2008, 08:07 PM
Hi, you need to go through all your images for resizing. Have a look at the links in my signature for some help. As for reducing the background image. Take the image you have & keep the same width, but reduce the hight right down too just a few millimeters/PX. Now right click on the image & select HTML. You will see an image name something like bv01261.gif . Copy the image name.
Now place a table on the page & set to 1,1,0,0,0 press ok. Now right click on the table & select properties. Enter the image name in the image field & press ok. You can now pull the table out to what size you want in length. Right click on table & send to back. Now press preview.

Zipeng
08-06-2008, 08:26 PM
Thanx, Chris, for your reply.
Been at this for hours now - will carry on and try it out tomorrow!
Zip