Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Template/image Overlap?

HI FOLKS, HELP PLEASE...
    I have created a basic template in soholaunch, and that's fine, but when I add some components, such as shopping basket, or email a friend form, when further details are clicked, the next form that appears underlaps the template image in the top left hand corner(which I made sure was the correct size for the template). I'm sure it's a simple thing to fix, but being a newbie, I can't see for looking. my url is www.myadoradesign.com, if you want to take a look and try it out. maybe its not a problem in 'realtime. try it with candygirl tiara to shopping trolly, click on more information. thanks in advance.
    Salena

Re: Template/image Overlap?

I can not see what you are talking about. Please be more specific.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

if you go onto my site;home page. www.myadoradesign.com ,click on products,click on tiaras, click on the image of lilac tiara. up comes the shopping cart, underneath the picture. all fine so far. next to the thumbnail of tiara, there is a link 'more information'. when you click on that, up comes the next screen. the screen is fine, it's just that it underlaps the image in the top left hand corner (which is part of the original page template.)When making the template, and inserting the image, it specified a maximum size that the image could be, and I did resize the image to make sure it would fit. This also happens when I try to put in the 'email to friend' utility.

If there was some way to insert an extra line break so that any extra screen that comes up, appears just a little lower down, that's all I'm after. I'm sorry if I'm not explaining this very well-computor dimpkin at work!
      Many thanks again.
      Salena

Comment

To be very honest, It looks perfect to me.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hi Salena,
          I checked your site and found the error you identified.
          I think this is to do with what resolution the site is viewed in.
          I use a 19inch Monitor so have a high resolution, which can have the effect of either making some sites so small it is impossible to read the font, or else it goes in the other direction, and everything seems to overlap, which is the case with your site.
          Try viewing your site with a standard 800x600 screen resolution (change it in properties, right-click on the desktop and go to properties, then to Settings. If you don't wish to mess up your main desktop, just make a New User, and have a brand new desktop for them, and keep the settings of 800x600. This is also a good way of making sure what your site looks like, as most people still seem to view at this setting. Apart from me that is).

Another idea, you can imput some code that will always keep your site at the optimum setting, irrespective of what screen settings the viewer has.
          If you do a search for Javascript on the web, you will probably find it. Or alternatively, ask VodaHost if they can do it for you.
          I hope this is of help.
          Regards,
          Susie
          p.s. Just gone through your site again, and I think what I suggest is not the only problem.
          On the product page that you are buying an item, when viewing it, the Logo does sit over the details.
          Can I suggest, when you place the details in, can you enter them lower down the page, or is this an automated feature of SoloLaunch.
          If so, you could contact SohoLaunch Support, and ask them if they know the solution.
          see this link to them:
          http://info.soholaunch.com/index.php?pr=Support

Best of luck with your site ;)

Comment

Not that I have any sort of overlapping going on, but I do have a Template issue.

The Template being used on my site is that of an office / corporate type.

Is there a way to keep everything as it is but instead place my own header for all pages?

I like how the Template used all I had hoped for just need mt header instead of one on the page.

see page at http://martech-inc.biz

Ram_Industries
            Ram_Industries
            Robert A. Montgomery
            Ram-Industries@comcast.net
            http://Martech-Inc.biz

Comment

Go on your site, path sohoadmin/program/modules/site_templates/pages/CORPORATE-Daily_Grind-Dark_Blue/

and replace the hdr-mid.jpg image with your own header. Make sure that your header is 760 X 92 pixels or proportional to these, as this is the size of the header in the template. Make sure to first save the original image under another name, just to be able to restore it if needed.
              Navaldesign
              Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
              Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
              DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
              Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thank you Navaldesign:

I already saved the actual header onto disk to replace the one on the page now. So I will not lose the design....

Appreciate the reply onto the how tos for replacing img of header file.

Thank you bunches.

I just hope that everyone understands the basic webpage one has is ever changing and must change to fit today and tomorrows views.

So I myself know that Rome was not built in a day, but darn it did they have to use real stones? lol

Thanks again

Ram-Industries
                Ram_Industries
                Robert A. Montgomery

Comment

The image in the upper left corner may be moved about the page and placed where you want it to be. To do this open the soholaunch main folders page, click edit pages, then click on edit next to the page you want to work on.

Once on the page, locate the file you want to move somewhere else on the page, highlite the file and drag and drop where you really want it most.

It has worked for me in the past. Just make sure you do not add it to the text area portion of the layout and try to remove the image, this will cause everything to be removed and you will have to start all over again.

In other words, place the image in a separate block by itself. Once you have an image in an empty block, you can move the block around to another block making sure it is not placed inside a block already being used by some other type of image or text.

Ram_Industries
                  Ram_Industries
                  Robert A. Montgomery

Comment

NavalDesign:

I tried your advice, but it did not work. I do not want to work with template files in the drop down box. I want to change a template header already on my page with one I created to make the page take on the header I created.

I sent you an e-mail in what the image is to look like.

Ram_Industries
                    Ram_Industries
                    Robert A. Montgomery

Comment

Working...
                    X