Publishing My Index Page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Publishing My Index Page

I was having problems each time I tryed to publish. I was getting an ERROR:12029. I sent a ticket and the reply was that it could be a firewall blocking it so I configured my firewall to allow it. This seems to have solved the error 12029 issue but now I am getting an ERROR: 550 saying that there is no such file as an index.bvp. ?????
    What have I done or am I doing wrong???? Should I have VH reset my account back to factory or can I fix this myself ????? Please if you post instructions concerning this Please make them very clear I am not real good at this stuff yet, or maybe you can post a link to a helpful tutorial that can help but I have tryed the page publishing tutorial but what I could get out of it didn't work. Thanks for any help you can share!!! Ron

Re: Problems Publishing My Index Page

Originally posted by Ron302 View Post
    I was having problems each time I tryed to publish. I was getting an ERROR:12029. I sent a ticket and the reply was that it could be a firewall blocking it so I configured my firewall to allow it. This seems to have solved the error 12029 issue but now I am getting an ERROR: 550 saying that there is no such file as an index.bvp. ?????
    What have I done or am I doing wrong???? Should I have VH reset my account back to factory or can I fix this myself ????? Please if you post instructions concerning this Please make them very clear I am not real good at this stuff yet, or maybe you can post a link to a helpful tutorial that can help but I have tryed the page publishing tutorial but what I could get out of it didn't work. Thanks for any help you can share!!! Ron
    What is your website url?
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

What is the exact name of the file you are trying to save? Did you name it "index.bvp" or just "index"? If you named it index.bvp, try naming it just index and publish and let's see what happens.
      HalaalPages.com
      FREE Georgia Muslim Directory

Comment

lifefusions.com but I havn't been able to get anything publiched there yet it's a very new site.

Comment

where are you getting the error? Are you saying you can't open the file in the BV builder? If so, check the name of it as suggested above. make sure it is just named as 'index' all lower case.
          Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

I get the error message as soon as I click to publish, I tryed both index and index.bvp neither work, they are lowercase.

Comment

I am on Vista, might that be the problem??? I would think that others here are working with Vista tho but just in case, I do have another tower here with XP in it that I could dust off and set up???

Comment

hmm.. not sure of this one, however, I usually make a few attempts to solve things myself first before going any further, so here is what I would do if it were me, but it's up to you if you want to try this...

Run ccleaner

Ensure I had the latest download of BV

Restart my PC.

If that still failed I would personally reinstall BV, whether I had new version or not, then keep my fingers crossed.

failing that, I would email support again.

P.S Sorry to hear you have Vista, you have my deepest sympathy!

Comment

OK, I will try your suggestions. Even if i have to have BV reset my account I really won't lose anything because I havn't started building yet thank God LOL. Thanks so much for your help!!!

Comment

Good luck, I wasn't really any help, just a few suggestions, but hopefully you can get sorted out. I don't personally feel it's an account resetting issue, I think it's more to do with something your end... I think!

Comment

How can there be no such file or directory when the page I am trying to publish is in a file????

Comment

make sure your publishing directory is public_html... that's tripped me when switching from one bv site to publishing another.
                        http://www.greenlightlocating.com

Comment

Re: Publishing My Index Page

It was so good to find these discussions here. I was having a problem getting my index page published. After reading all this, I saw that my problem was in using a capitol I to say Index as the name instead of the lower case i for index. Changing that one little thing put everything right. Thank you all for your interest and effort toward helping others.
                          This is Dorothy with
                          http://www.homespunways2.com

Comment

Working...
                          X