Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help!

Hello,

Is there any way to work on your website from a different computer? I am sure you have to download the software, but after that, can you access it?

Re: Help!

Hi Staci

You will have to instal BV on the other computer.

Then you will have to copy all your files to the same directory in the new computer.

Most important of all are the image files, as if you move them, they will not show on your pages.

Ex: on actual computer you have your image files in

c:/documemts and settings/staci/my documents/bluevoda/images

On you new computer you will need them in the EXACT same directory for them to work fine.

Let me just advise you that is not quite easy to have same website build up in 2 computers, as you will allways have to keep on "upgrading" your changes from one computer to another.

Susana
    Susana

http://www.imperiodocha.com
    Leaf Tea & Acessories
    http://www.christiescreations.net
    Gift Baskets, Flowers and Party Favors for all occasions
    Richmond, VA

Comment

Originally posted by Lcoisas View Post
      Let me just advise you that is not quite easy to have same website build up in 2 computers, as you will allways have to keep on "upgrading" your changes from one computer to another.
      Now that prices have dropped on 2g-8g min-flash drive sticks to be within reach for almost all users, if you simply keep your "source" files/folders on a portable stick, moving computer-to-computer is a snap (as long as you remember to "save" changes to those portable files).

Just a thought.....
      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Thanks Susana!! You were very helpful!

Comment

Thanks Vasili for the input, however, the 2g-8g min-flash drive sticks are way beyond my computer capability. LOL!

Comment

Working...
          X