Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• data base for emailing ques?

My domain = www.treetables.com

I have a data base of opt in email address' from a previous "register here" area of a previous web site.. I would like to set up an email system to send out my regular new letters. I want to send oh, 100 at a time or so.. and do not want the individual email address' exposed to ea. individual recipient..

I also think a database that could sort emails, alpahbetically would be nice so i can find and delete duplicates, bouncebacks etc..

any suggestions as to what systems to use for such.. ?
    thanks,, mike
    Kindest of Regards,

Just Mike
    www.treetables.com

Re: data base for emailing ques?

Hi Mike

Do a google search for 'Constant Contact'. This is a good one that I use. There are others out there but I have found this one to be the best especially for creating newsletters.

Regards

Darren

Comment

thanks Darrin , I will do that
      Kindest of Regards,

Just Mike
      www.treetables.com

Comment

Originally posted by DCOFFICESERVICES View Post
        Do a google search for 'Constant Contact'. This is a good one that I use. There are others out there but I have found this one to be the best especially for creating newsletters.
        Constant Contact is incredibly expensive, and, since they utilize GoodMail, not only are the fees increased, but that effectively denegrates your chances of ever being approved/Whitelisted yourself (by such communities like AOL, Yahoo, and Google's GMail).

You would be far better off using ACT (which not only has a superlative email suite with such tools as tons of Email/Newsletter Templates, editors, List Management, integratin with Client/Sales platforms, etc. but also a whole entree with the 3rd party ACT community (trusted vendors that are CHEAP when it comes to outsourcing your bulk email programs --- sometimes if your list is too big to send over your own servers {Vodahost, only 200/hr} then these guys pick up the slack) and so on.....

....not to mention ACT has other uses as well (like a more robust substitute for SalesForce.com etc.).

For less than $200 (about 1/5 the initial cost to get with Constant Contact) you could own a multi-task title that does it all from the comfort of your own computer!

Think about it.....

MORE ABOUT ACT
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Thank you for the information Vasili. I will take a look at ACT,, your link, by the way did not work.. I will attempt to google "ACT: and see what I can find..

Your post begs me to question? You stated Boda Host could process about 200 per hour.. which is WAY beyond what THIS small businesss needs.. 200 a WEEK would be ok for me.. but the question, i guess is this. does Voda Host offer data management systems in it's email system.. ? I have even thought about using excell or some spread sheet for sorting but that does not answer a lot of the other time consuming functions involved in the sending process..

Anyway.. i will keep thinking. appreciate your advice.. and i agree, at least on the surface ,, after reviewing constant contact ,, it looked like it could get real expensive..
          in the mean time i will plug away.. sending 12 or 20 a day myself.. it takes about 2 minutes per ea.. so not too bad..
          thanks mike
          Kindest of Regards,

Just Mike
          www.treetables.com

Comment

No, Vodahost does not offer any Email Management, other than the rudimentary functions you might be able to patch together using Webmail (Horde or Suqirrel --- both of which are like driving a Model T after putting around town in a Ferrari - LOL).

Dunno...didn't realize the relationship timed out, sorry! Try www.ACT.com
            . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
            * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

thank you for taking time to answer...mike
              Kindest of Regards,

Just Mike
              www.treetables.com

Comment

Working...
              X