• new site

please take a look what errors do i need to take a look at

job lot
    used cars for sale
    bar jobs london
    hotel jobs london
    watch movies online

Re: new site

My, you've done some excellent work there.
    Just a few things while I was looking.
    I can't see the blue writing in the header or the white writing in the box below this. The big blue 'Daniweb' box could be a little smaller and I personally like to see the 1st page without having to scroll across. Is there anyway you can fit it into 800 wide? You have room to move it over a bit.
    You are beginning to build a super site. Nice and clean looking. Keep at it.
    Patsy
    www.waterlandspark.co.uk

Comment

The pages are way to wide, set the page properties between 800 and 1000. This will mean that you will have to adjust all the elelments on your page to fit. The logo at the top is very hard to read, the banner under it has text in it that is unreadable as well as running off the page. The footer text is not centered, and again hard to read. Almost every page is identicle as far as substance, I wasn't sure if the page had actually changed. There is one page that is totally different and the menu bar is totally different as well (these should stay the same throughout your site) I think you have a good start but need to go back and rethink the body of the pages.
      Reguards
      Ed
      www.dsondesigns.com
      www.marseillesyouthsports.com
      www.300hitter.com
      www.bigjk.net
      How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

Sorry, Mike, but I can't ignore the major dis-connect going on when it comes to creating META values, and how you are "slamming" your header area with what you think will be a contribution in leiu of normally formatted Content and cacheable text.
        Your will most definitely be flagged as a 'violater,' and your site may well suffer irrepairable setbacks as a result.
        Had you placed this "text/Key Word" mixture at the bottom as a footer, and had not tried to hide it via font size or color (which the SE's also evaluate), this may be seen in compliance with current "Rules" and would stand a better chance of contributing some value as desired.

In the same vein, you may wish to re-evaluate the balance on your index page of links to Content, as your current situation pretty much prevents any relevance to be established (despite however you try to compensate by filling in the KW and Description tags). This may compel you to re-compose what you planned to put in as a footer to be real hard-metric page Content --- probably the best suggestion of all.

Nonetheless, be sure to round out your construct/META/relevancy balancing act by definitely adding intelligent (page-specific) ALT tags to all your images, and if they are being used as hyperlink icons as well, with rollover text also. I assume the images themselves have been Titled properly....

Make sense?

Overall, good theme development and original page presentation! Looking forward to your refinements!
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

yes i will move the text in the header area and try to spread it out a little more round the page also how do i add alt tags to my images im really new to the website building so forgive me if i sound silly
          job lot
          used cars for sale
          bar jobs london
          hotel jobs london
          watch movies online

Comment

A.
            Originally posted by miketheswede View Post
            yes i will move the text in the header area and try to spread it out a little more round the page also how do i add alt tags to my images im really new to the website building so forgive me if i sound silly
            "Spread it around"?? No, Mike --- try developing it more along with Rules of Content and how it is supposed to be done.
            Re-read my suggestions for some easy "inspiration" >>
            Originally posted by Vasili View Post
            Had you placed this "text/Key Word" mixture at the bottom as a footer, and had not tried to hide it via font size or color (which the SE's also evaluate), this may be seen in compliance with current "Rules" and would stand a better chance of contributing some value as desired.
            In the same vein, you may wish to re-evaluate the balance on your index page of links to Content, as your current situation pretty much prevents any relevance to be established (despite however you try to compensate by filling in the KW and Description tags). This may compel you to re-compose what you planned to put in as a footer to be real hard-metric page Content --- probably the best suggestion of all.
            B.
            Originally posted by miketheswede View Post
            how do i add alt tags to my images
            Double-click on the images, and a Dialog Box will appear > fill in the proper fields.
            Remember to properly "Title" the images prior to inserting them on your page as well .... again, review the original post!

Comment

Hi Mike,
              I'm using FF and it was quite hard to read what goes on the blue area - top of the page, and I could not read anything you have just under it.
              Same difficulty on the blue area at the end of the page.
              The menu bar in all your pages are smaller than the one you have in your landing page.
              Cheers,
              N Z B R
              t o u r s
              New Zealand Tours
              Excursiones en Nueva Zelanda
              Nova Zelandia Pacotes e Roteiros
              Nouvelle Zelande Voyage
              Neuseeland Reisen

Comment

Hi Mike

You got a nice clean looking site there. Some things which I noticed were

1. The text that you have in white at the top of the header is almost impossible to read. The only was I was able to read it was to highlight it with my cursor.
                2. When you click on the different products on the left for compare the market, the page headings are untitled.
                3. As mentioned above, the pages would look better if they were centred so you didnt have to scroll across to read it.

Overall you have done a very good job. I like the layout and the choice of colours, very clean and looks professional. Just needs a bit of tweaking. A very good first attempt.
                www.psnutrition.co.uk
                Nutrition & Weight Management Spe******ts

Comment

I am also looking at your site in FF. It is way to wide, the red banner is over some words so can't be read, I son't see any link or nav buttons. You might want to sown load Fire Fox and check it out in that.
                  Good Luck!
                  Mike

Any excuse for non performance only weakens the charactor

In God We Trust

Comment

For some reason you wholesalejoblot site comes up not lowrateinterestcards site.
                    sigpicJoe
                    Funny Jokes and Redneck Pics

www.anytime-figurines.com

"laughter is the best medicine"
                    The most wasted of all days is one without laughter. ~e.e. cummings

Comment

Originally posted by jkadin View Post
                      For some reason you wholesalejoblot site comes up not lowrateinterestcards site.
                      Thats because it is basically the same site just different menus.
                      Reguards
                      Ed
                      www.dsondesigns.com
                      www.marseillesyouthsports.com
                      www.300hitter.com
                      www.bigjk.net
                      How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

Nothing has been done to this site since the 8th at the latest.

The longer this site is up with the header spammed with keyword-derived content in a fnt size less than 8 pica and in a color less than 80% dark, it will be cached/evaluated as 'Black Hat' and penalized accordingly by the Search Engines.
                        It will take a major overhaul, total site completion (no broken links and no other areas of deficiency ... esp. with regard to construct --the most basic foundation-- as it applies to Perfect page standards), a fully interactive sitemapping file (not just an XHTML map, but tied to maybe Google Analytics), and a manually prepared submission to overcome the penalization process. To make good on this the easiest way, it all has to be done within 45 days from last cached bot cycle as well!

Quite frankly, it would be better being taken off the server and simply being worked on in BV until it is "perfect" than left to be ignored and slighted irreparably with every bot visit. There is no excuse for purposely trying to bend the Rules of Best Practice and Compliance, nor is there any to disuade the minimal effort to make the slightest progress back to adherance.

Blue Voda makes this whole web design thing so easy that it is hard for me to imagine why such abnormal practices ever make it online in the first place, especially with the abundance of information, support, discussions, and resources available in the VodaTalk forums. This isn't rocket science, but it is an exercise in mental focus, personal discipline, due diligence, and ethical continuity. IMO.

Comment

Working...
                        X