Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Placing variables on site

Hey.
    Is there anyway that I can create text "variables" for templates. Meaning that every time a tag like <siteURL> or something like it appears it will replace it with the actual site URL etc.
    Thanks.

Re: Placing variables on site

I believe that you could do this using CSS........darn good idea.

Look forward to other members suggestions
    Have fun
    Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
    Newbies / Beginners Forum
    FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
    My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
    Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

This is a most common tecnique for Smarty and other similars. Of course, it is part of a CMS. The content is retrieved usually from the database.

Even the BlueVoda built in form processor uses the same tecnique. In fact (look at the Form Wizard tutorial) the error page has simply the text ##error## (could be anything else, like {error} ) is then replaced by the actual error message as it is created by the processor (if errors are found).
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

So I still don't understand how you can do this. Maybe if it's something a lot of people can use you would be able to make a tutorial about it ?

Don't mean to be out of line....just thinking out loud.

Comment

This is not something that has to do with BlueVoda or Vodahost hosting. From this point of view, no tutorial can be made.

Please note that using templates this way (not in the simple way that the form processor does), you need to have extensive knowledge of php and MySQL. Looking at the issue from this point, whoever has that knowledge also (usually) knows how to create such a template and use it.
          Navaldesign
          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
          X