Green Search Site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green Search Site

What do you think of this 'Green' search site. I know there are similar things out there but I was trying to improve on them:

US version: http://www.greengoku.com

UK version: http://www.greengoku.co.uk

Give them a go.

Thanks
    http://www.myworldsouthamerica.com
    http://www.ethicalasia.com

Re: Green Search Site

Hi there,

The green really stands out with the black background. Nice!
    You should center your pages and set it to 600x800. This way it would fit in all screns and people don't have to scroll sideways.

Cheers,
    N Z B R
    t o u r s
    New Zealand Tours
    Excursiones en Nueva Zelanda
    Nova Zelandia Pacotes e Roteiros
    Nouvelle Zelande Voyage
    Neuseeland Reisen

Comment

It's ok.... not much to really comment on.

You could add a few 'Green' news stories/issues down the side maybe?
      Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

As NZBR said, the green on black really stands out well. Very simple but very effective. The only thing which i think you could improve on is if you aligned the back of the wording "what makes this search engine green" with the right side of the green box (I could think of no better way of wording it). And also changing the button which says "make this search engine you homepage" into a link the same colour and size as the one above it.
        Cheers,
        Matt

Comment

I agree with what's been said, the colors stands out. Ramsey had a good idea, of adding some green news or ads, or information. Good Luck!!
          Mike

Any excuse for non performance only weakens the charactor

In God We Trust

Comment

To me it seems like a unnecessary site and a bit misleading, You have a black screen that uses a search engine. What makes this site "Green"? You say the black background saves energy, how? And how much?. You are relying G o o g l e to find the sites, You state that if it is unable to find any it will search as normal, so whats the point? And finally you state that "Profits generated by this site contribute to offsetting carbon emissions and supporting companies that research into renewable energy, recycling and other 'planet friendly' activities." Which ones? Who are they? Are we just supposed to beleive you on blind faith? Just my oppinion, but I have seen too many trying to cash in on the latest trends with flimsy gimicks.
            Reguards
            Ed
            www.dsondesigns.com
            www.marseillesyouthsports.com
            www.300hitter.com
            www.bigjk.net
            How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

Nice way to search.
              Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

This is not the first (BLACKLE), nor the last venture to defy the myth.

The idea of hooking up witht the trendy Green Movement is novel, but like mentioned above, disclosure is defintely not an omittable option: whenever you claim to contribute to a charity, to convert earnings to a movement, or to participate in an idealistic manner, you need to spell it out to demonstrate the ethics to which you allude to and prey upon visitors affection by identifying with.
                . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
                X