3 States lots of Cities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 States lots of Cities

I have a question and not sure if i'm in the right forum...but i'll post it here to see :) my company www.coloradocarpet.net (still working on the website) is out of colorado springs and we do business in other states...we're trying to figure out the best way to move up the ranks...we want to target colorado, arizona, and texas...the keywords of carpet, flooring, hardwood...basically the most popular ones we feel like we don't have a realistic chance to get on the first page...but state names...and city names (more importantly) we feel like we have a better chance...we need to know what the best way to go about this is...can we buy different domain names such as denver-flooring.com, colorado-springs-flooring.com, phoenix-flooring.com...and so on...and just redirect them to one main site...another thought is to start DBAs of Texas Flooring and Arizona Flooring and basically have all the websites the same except for the domains and the names...but all the content would basically be identical...hopefully that's somewhat clear...flooring is a competitive market (like everything else out there) but we feel like we have some pretty good ideas...just need a little help from some experts out there :)

Re: 3 States lots of Cities

Did i post this in the wrong place?

Comment

Re: 3 States lots of Cities

Hi, no not posted in the wrong place.

Ok, search engines and sites.... A very long and argumentative subject but here is my opinion from my own extremely sucessful experiences.

type 'carpets' into Google and you get over 25 million results.

now type in 'carpet suppliers in Texas' you now get only 74,400 results.

This leads to the decision that optimising your website to pick up on searches from people typing in the latter is going to produce much better chances of getting seen than those typing in the former yes?

So... when creating a website for a carpet company in Texas, you ensure the words 'carpet' AND 'Texas' are obvious on the website (without spamming)

Page titles for example could be 'Carpet supplier Texas | Carpet Fitter Texas'

Personally, if it were me... I would buy 3 domains all similar except for they would all contain the state they relate to within them.

Then make three websites for each state.

However, don't copy the content, make each site individual. Making three sites the same can lead to one or all being wiped off the search engines for good.

74,400 results may still sound a lot, but trust me that's peanuts!
      Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Working...
      X