Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

osCommerce template...how do I download the template into BlueVoda?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• osCommerce template...how do I download the template into BlueVoda?

I have an oscommerce template (not a BlueVoda template) downloaded on my computer. I would like to bring it into BlueVoda to edit the pages.

I have followed the steps listed below from the How to install templates into BlueVoda tutorial but that is only for BlueVoda templates. How do I bring this a website template that is already downloaded into BlueVoda?

Thanks,
    AllofUs

Re: osCommerce template...how do I download the template into BlueVoda?

Hi ... ok .. Blue Voda is a website builder, you build pages with blue voda as opposed to editing other templates, it's not an editor, only for it's own .bvp files that you create .. If it is your plan to have a true oscommerce template you would do your editing in your application .. If you intend to only use parts of this oscommerce template (providing there are no stipulations against you doing so) then open the folder and you can get the images and design your blue voda page around the look of your template .. not sure what you had in mind ..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Ok, I just watched the video with Stacy for Soholaunch. In her introduction, she states that a person can use their own custom template. Does this mean a template I've made myself and not a website template I've purchased?

So, the website templates on VodaHost or from any other company that I have to pay for cannot be edited with BlueVoda or Soholaunch? I can only edit those templates in something such as Dreamweaver? Is that what you mean by *application*?

AllofUs

Comment

Yes... You have to edit it with dreamweaver or front page.. or if you know enough raw html coding you can do it in notepad.

Neither BV nor SOHO LAUNCH is an html editing application.. however they both USE html.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Originally posted by AllofUs View Post
          I have an oscommerce template (not a BlueVoda template) downloaded on my computer. I would like to bring it into BlueVoda to edit the pages.
          I have followed the steps listed below from the How to install templates into BlueVoda tutorial but that is only for BlueVoda templates. How do I bring this a website template that is already downloaded into BlueVoda?
          Thanks, AllofUs
          Even though Generals LadyEye and Karen MAC have answered parts of your question accurately, it is clear that they were not enough for you to grasp the real idea, and to "resolve" the concept as you originally understood it......

1. You have an osCommerce Template (for which you paid for).
          2. That template is written specifically for and within the coded structure for an osCommerce "cart" only, and is not a template that you can import to edit and use in Blue Voda (which as explained, is not an editor but a generator that uses HTML and Unicode to make web pages), or to any other program, like WordPress.
          3. This is an osCommerce Templatre that can be installed only on an osCommerce foundation, as an easy way to change the "theme" from the original default 'template'.
          4. Keep in mind, the default template and the Premium template can both be "customized" (move things around, change shapes and layouts) if you have an HTML editor to use, such as Dreamweaver, FrontPage, etc. There are also other FREE html editors out there (so you don't have to spend big bucks on top of learning a whole new program to simply edit a few things in your template) if you do a Google Search for "free html editor"....
          5. However, if all you want to do is move some images around, swap out the logo, and maybe change some colors, this can all EASILY be done "by hand" after following some very simple instructions that are widely available within the Official osCommerce Support Forums -- again, simply browse the many threads to find the best answer for what it is you are trying to do. You do not need an "editor" to do this!!!

You just have to know what can be done with what you have, and how to go about doing it like everyone else.

6. Lastly, if you are trying to build your site in either Blue Voda or Soholaunch and have this osCommerce template that you are either trying to mimic or duplicate (since now you know you can't use it on anything BUT an osCommerce installation), like LadyEye mentioned above, as long as you have a receipt that proves you purchased the template, you can go into the files and folders and use the sources at will (you can make copies of the images, buttons, etc. and import them into your BV builds). Similarly, you can use these images on your Soholaunch site, and merely swap them out for images already in use, or re-format them (size, title) to be used instead. The remainder of "duplicating" the template in Blue Voda comes down to your creative ability and patience in doing things one step at a time.....

7. Both osCommerce and Soholaunch are "edited" (loaded with Content, images, changing position of links, entering Navigation, creating new pages, etc.) using an online ADMIN interface, meaning you really do not need to purchase an "editor" to get the job done: the resources with each of their Support Forums have TONS of plain and simple 'solutions' for you to COPY>PASTE according to the instructions they include in detail. You just need to do some intelligent sourcing and apply some due diligence by making concerted personal effort!

Good Luck!
          . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
          * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Thank you for the detailed explanation. It has helped out a lot. I have done quite a bit of research. But I think I have left out some information.

1. I have a sample oscommerce template someone sent to me to try out their templates...with the understanding that I can't personally use it for my business. I understand and agree to those terms.
            2. They recommended that I download the trial version of Dreamweaver. I downloaded Dreamweaver already.

3. I thought I could just unzip the oscommerce template and "play" around with it in Dreamweaver. In my mind, I thought I could open each page of the oscommerce but it doesn't come in like that.

4. Based on all the instructions I've read for oscommerce, it seems that oscommerce templates must be loaded to the server...which I do not have an account with VodaHost yet. So, is this why this is not making sense to me because I should be loading to a server?

5. I did find a few FREE html editors...thank you for that bit of information.
            6. Also, I registered with the Official osCommerce Forum earlier today. However, it has been over nine hours with no response on my membership. So, further questions, I can't ask over there.

Comment

Working...
            X