Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Background colour (to the sides of the pages)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Background colour (to the sides of the pages)

Hello,

Please see my site www.eildonhillstables.co.uk

I have set the page sizes to be 800 x 600 and center aligned.
    Would it now be possible to keep the main 800 x 600 area white but to have a green background outwith this?

ie if the users monitor display setting is set to a resolution greater than 800 x 600 they will see my white webpages at 800 x 600 in the middle of the browser but with green either side.

Thanks in advance

Re: Background colour (to the sides of the pages)

If you set your page to 800 wide, add a green background, anyone with monitor setting greater than 800 wide will see a green background. Thos who have settings at 800 will not (and this percentage of users is only a fraction of Users today --- mostly the older visitors that struggle with visual acuity).

If you want to be 100% sure ALL visitors see the green background (since you feel it is a mandatory element in your design), set your page width no wider than 775-785 (max) and go from there.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Thanks Vasili,

I already have the background set to white. Do I need to set it to green and somehow layer a 600x800 white box/table on top of this with everything in it? I would like the main 600 x 800 part to be white.

Comment

Originally posted by danandadie View Post
        I already have the background set to white. Do I need to set it to green and somehow layer a 600x800 white box/table on top of this with everything in it? I would like the main 600 x 800 part to be white.
        Yes. You will need to create a separate white "rectangle" to act as your page area, to be on top of a green rectangle.

* If you already have things on top of a white object (as page area) > Create your green "box" to whatever size you prefer (to show as a green "frame" around your white page area), right-click on it and "Send To Back."
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Excellent. Exactly what I was trying to achieve. Thanks

Comment

Working...
          X