Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with e-mail address when submitting form

Hi,
    I've created a form and published it to the web site at www.communityguilds.org. It works, except that when I submit the form and it arrives to the appropriate e-mail account -- info@communityguilds.org -- the e-mail says the form was SUBMITTED from the same e-mail account as that to which it was sent! This is bizarre because the first time I tried it it was okay... it was submitted from my personal e-mail account to the info@communityguilds.org account. Now, it says it's both coming from and going to the info@communityguilds.org account.

I've tried everything I know and redone the form several times. I even tried it from someone else's computer and it did the same thing!

Help!

Re: Problem with e-mail address when submitting form

Your visitor's email address field MUST be named "email" all lowercase. Anything else will cause the script to convert the "From" email address to be your own.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thank you very much! It worked!
      Speaking of the form, can you tell me why it is when the e-mail comes in the message of values submitted from the web site form includes the send button? I get all the other info like name, address, email address, etc. and then a line that says "Button1: Send".

Thanks!
      Sean

Comment

Because your submit buttons NEEDS to be named "submit" instead of "Button1"
        Navaldesign
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

THANK YOU!!! One last question, which really doesn't have anything to do with the email form, but...

I want to put an image on my pages in the background. The image is a b&w EPS (black outline with white background). I've tried to make the background transparent so that only the outline will appear. I saved the EPS as a jpg and a gif and brought each into the web page. For some reason the background is still there, that is, it is white, not transparent.

Well, I figured out how to cheat to make the image less opaque in Blue Voda, which eliminated the white background but made the black outline gray.

In Blue Voda, I could see the image, but when I published it, the image was gone and all I saw was an "x". Why?

Thanks!

Comment

Probably when you published, you had checked the "Publish HTML files only" so the image has not been uploaded.
            However, i don't understand why you don't use a BV shape (rectangle) , making it transparent, to create your background.
            Navaldesign

Comment

OK. How do I get an image in the BV shape?

Comment

You don't! Use the shape as background. When published it is converted to image. Move it to the back so it becomes the background of your page.
                Navaldesign

Comment

Ok, but the image I have is specific. Don't think I can make it using the provided BV shapes.

Comment

If this is not doable with BV, transform your image to a transparent gif or png and use it.
                    Navaldesign

Comment

Thank you. Last question for now... Back to the forms...

In creating a form... when I add new editboxes and then test the form, I find that when I'm entering information in the actual web site (like my name, address, etc.) and I use the tab key to go from one field to the next, it skips around the form, that is, from, say, the first field to several fields below. I guess this is based on the order in which I added new editboxes. How can I ensure that when a person uses the tab key, they will be able to go sequentially from the first field, to the second, to the third, etc.?

Thanks!

Comment

Right click the first field, and from the right click menu select "Move to Front". Repeat for all fields, in the desired order. Do the same for your submit and reset buttons (last ones). Save, Publish, Refresh your page before testing.
                        Navaldesign

Comment

It worked! You are awesome.
                          Sean

Comment

Working...
                          X