Hair's My Site-Check it out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hair's My Site-Check it out

I absolutely LOVE Blue Voda! Been using another builder for 2+ years and had no idea what I was missing! Good go whoever programmed it.

Please review my site for errors if ya'all get a moment. There is a problem with my "Links" page. It's different than the site builder page and I can't fix it. Will open a post on that later.

Are You Looking For Hair Transplant and Aesthetic Procedures in New Jersey? Contact Eternal Hair & Esthetics to Get The Consultation.

Thanks for looking and hair's to ya,

ChickiPie
    ChickiPie
    ETERNAL HAIR
    The Ultimate Hair Experience
    Paradise, California

Re: Hair's My Site-Check it out

First off your off to a good start needs tweaking. Your pages are way way to wide at 1200 width there will be a lot of scrolling got to get it between 800-1000, next is your banner it at 1.85 mb people with dial up it will take forever to load they will not wait. Also on your home page there a link that goes to your email its a gateway for spammers just remove the link. Color scheme is good just fix up those tweaks like I said yor off to a good start. Here is a link for the pix resizer.
    http://www.vodahost.com/pix.htm good luck to you
    sigpicJoe
    Funny Jokes and Redneck Pics

www.anytime-figurines.com

"laughter is the best medicine"
    The most wasted of all days is one without laughter. ~e.e. cummings

Comment

Wow......... love the design. It was much too wide for my monitor though. I would get tired of horizontal scrolling. Also it was very slow to load and I am on broadband (not fast broadband but a bit faster than dial up) I am fairly new to this so not a lot of help on the technical side but I love your notice board edge and the colour of your print....and your navigation buttons and everything visually........ I am glad I waited for it to load
      Sandra

Comment

Hi, like the design, but have to agree with Joe on the width, & the images a way to big for web use.
        Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Hi,
          lots of excellent work in your site - I like it very much.
          But I must agree with the Jo, Sandra and Chris - the page is far too wide.
          My daughter is the age that you would be aiming at and I asked her to take a look.... she also said the page took too long to load and no way would she scroll backwards and forwards to find what she was looking for. She would'nt even bother to stay to take a look around..
          She did say that the idea was fabulous and she was going to 'Google' around and see if there were any other sites offering the same thing.
          Looks like you are on to a winner if you tweek it up a bit.
          Best wishes.
          Patsy.
          www.waterlandspark.co.uk

Comment

Absolutely lovely and professional looking - I love the gold accents and graphics.

As said above, it's best to keep your site under 1000 width, and reduce the loading time.

I would take your products menu (righthand menu) off the homepage.

This would help reduce homepage loading times and there would no longer be a reason to have your page so wide.

Have this menu on another page - Add a button on your lefthand menu that says 'products', which links through to your products page.

Just a suggestion! :)

Comment

Very nice professional looking site. Like the model pics at the top :)
              If you can get the pages to centre without having to scroll across as mentioned above, it will look even better !
              Thanks
              www.psnutrition.co.uk
              Nutrition & Weight Management Spe******ts

Comment

I really like your site...love the images...
                but agree on resizing and optimizing the photos...I know it is a pain but it will be well worth it.

In order to put your email on a page without being spammed to death, I use the email riddler at dynamic drive. I really like it. Easy to pop in a html box.
                Alien Dude was the one whose post helped me with this.

Looks like you have done a lot of hard work and your efforts are starting to pay off...Very nice!
                Karen Williams
                Your Belief is Your Reality

Comment

Hi Everyone,

I would like to thank everyone for your comments and suggestions about my site! I have had this same site live for a year and never realized the issue about the size. Could be that's why my sales aren't as high as I'd like them! If this change skyrockets my sales I'm treating everyone to a drink!

Thanks again and God bless,

ChickiPie
                  ChickiPie
                  ETERNAL HAIR
                  The Ultimate Hair Experience
                  Paradise, California

Comment

Scotch and soda will do fine.
                    sigpicJoe
                    Funny Jokes and Redneck Pics

www.anytime-figurines.com

"laughter is the best medicine"
                    The most wasted of all days is one without laughter. ~e.e. cummings

Comment

I like her avatar.. i might steal it!

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                      02036089024 / United Kingdom
                      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Can I also add that I find the text toooo small....or does this mean I need glasses? :)
                        Sharon
                        www.rosnasharnfarm.com
                        www.centralhighlandsgoatclub.com

Comment

I love this site, the graphics are outstanding, however, like others here I have to say the page weight is just too much, this long download time will lose you ALL dial up clients and a few using the minor broadband providers. If you can clear this issue up you have a very stunning website there.
                          Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Working...
                          X