Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frontpage Publishing

I create my sites using Microsoft Frontpage
    Where should i publish the files? I tried using my domain name, but it doesnt approve on my Username and Password.
    www.mina-e.com

Re: Frontpage Publishing

Originally posted by Mina
    Where should i publish the files? I tried using my domain name, but it doesnt approve on my Username and Password.
    If you have downloaded Bluevoda, open it, Go to Tools, FTP Manager. This will open the Blue FTPscreen. Click on Connect, chose your IP as it was given to you in the Welcome email you received from Voda, put in Username and password and your site's content will appear on the right screen. Browse your computer content, in the left screen to find your html pages. Click on them and drug them to the right part of the screen. You're done! Make sure your homepage is saved as "index.html"
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

How do you publish directly from frontpage?

Comment

Originally posted by navaldesign
        If you have downloaded Bluevoda, open it, Go to Tools, FTP Manager. This will open the Blue FTPscreen. Click on Connect, chose your IP as it was given to you in the Welcome email you received from Voda, put in Username and password and your site's content will appear on the right screen. Browse your computer content, in the left screen to find your html pages. Click on them and drug them to the right part of the screen. You're done! Make sure your homepage is saved as "index.html"
        Thanks
        Works like a charm
        www.mina-e.com

Comment

www.darkeclipse.com

http://www.darkeclipse.com
          Originally posted by Mina

Comment

Re: www.darkeclipse.com

Originally posted by kimico
            Is there a question here?
            Navaldesign
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Hi,
              I did every thing above and I get a page on the web that is Index and a list of files. I went to the help area and it sent me to a thread that said my pages are ncorrectly named. I checked everything but the only thing it could be is that my files have html extensions and it says they should not I created my files in Front Page. I used the FTP Manager, connected and dragged my two page files across (in their folder) then disconnected. Is there anything else I should do?
              I am at a loss and have been reading and searching for hours.
              Could you please help me with specific ideas as I have already read the tutorials and did not see what I did wrong.
              Thanks

Comment

Your homepage should be called "index.html" otherwise you will only get that list of files and directories. The method used is correct, and the html extension also is correct for Frontpage.
                Last edited by navaldesign; 04-12-2006, 05:35 PM.
                Navaldesign

Comment

Frontpage usualy will automatic save the page in htm extension, and actualy you can publish your page directly from frontpage itself, but you have to specify the direction. save you page and then click file > publish web > you have to type ftp://www.yourdomain.com/public_html >publish
                  Nyoman

Comment

Would the administrator or some one else shed light that , is it ok and encouragebale to construct website with frontpage and to use c-panel to do all the site management control. What has c-panel over frontpagewebsite as far as uploading and publishing is concerned.Do we after having website completely designed by frontpage, open up ftp manager or file manager to publish? How to go about it?

Lincoln
                    www.xuankong-liufa.com

Comment

Yes, Frontpage can publish directly, or you can manually upload the html pages and relevant pics using FTP or file manager. There is absolutely no advantage on using Cp to upload your files. FTP is far more easy
                      Navaldesign

Comment

Frontpage cannot publish directly,thatI have tried it successfully, but I canot find where your turorial guide how to use FTP manage of the c-panel to publish website designed by other than BlueVoda.There are alot of guideline of using FTP of other company.I do not find your guideline how to use FTP manager to do the publishing.Please advsie where can I find the guideline?

Lincoln
                        www.xuankong-liufa.com

Comment

sorry typing error, Frontpage can publish directly to the URL as desired, But I cannot find where the guide to show How to use FTP manager to do the publishing.

Lincoln
                          www.xuankong-liufa.com

Comment

Re: www.darkeclipse.com

Is there a question here?
                            HELLO
                            I am greek and my target of my site is here
                            i have choose VODA because I don't know good english not bad to,
                            and because I'm new to all these so when i found voda I wa very exciting
                            I was finaly be able to make it.
                            when i finished some of my pages (in greek ) I uploaded them and I saw
                            chinese all over my pages that was yesterday.I send a mail to suport and they answerd this:

----Hi,

Did you use greek characters? I dBlueVoda does not support this.
                            If you wish to use Greek you will need to create the html pages, then
                            upload them, and then download the .html page, and modify the text to
                            greek.

Thank you,

Hank----

I don't know how to do this
                            do you?
                            please help me if you can!!!

thank you!!

Comment

Hi patrioti,

If you have created your pages in BV just publish them. This way BV will publish the pages in html format on your site. Then you must download the page to your computer, using BlueFTP. Open the page in a text editor (windows notepad is just fine) and change all the text in greek. Save the page (you will need to go to "Save as", choose File type "All files", and save your page on your computer as "pagename.html" then upload the modified page again using BlueFTP. It might help you if you have your initial text in Greeklish so it will be aesier for you, when editing the page, to spot which text is which.
                              Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
                              X