Dots n Dashes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dots n Dashes

Wasnt sure where to put this so dont tell me off if its in the wrong place :)

In the short time ive been here at Vodahost,(not even a month) i'm amazed how much ive learned, for someone that didnt have a clue what a script was, header n footer i thought was a football term,html well dont even go there, i even had to ask someone what cp was ...doh ...but theres some very clever helpful people on these forum threads that patiently answered my silly question without a blink of an eye and not once ever made me feel incompetant, i still have a long way to go but i'm getting there with the help of these great people.

One person in particular has helped me loads naval design...i'm making him my mentor wether he likes it or not lol ..i cant thank him enough he's been great and Raceys tips are brilliant even when he's had a few beers lol

But...the biggest thing ive learned is ...check and recheck your dots n dashes!
    that little dot can stop a page from working if its put in the wrong place, make sure your dots n dashes are in the right place or it can take days to find as i found out to my own cost ....i was so used to using @ that i used it without thinking ..when actually it should have been .
    my advice for any beginner ...check check and check again those little errors can make big problems ....:o)

Lincs
    Click the link below for page guidelines (no more sideways scroll)

http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/sho...eferrerid=5490

How to Center your page
    http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/blu...tml#post124746

Re: Dots n Dashes

And always......

“Plan Your Work and Work Your Plan”

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Re: Dots n Dashes

Originally posted by Lincslady
      Wasnt sure where to put this so dont tell me off if its in the wrong place :)

In the short time ive been here at Vodahost,(not even a month) i'm amazed how much ive learned, for someone that didnt have a clue what a script was, header n footer i thought was a football term,html well dont even go there, i even had to ask someone what cp was ...doh ...but theres some very clever helpful people on these forum threads that patiently answered my silly question without a blink of an eye and not once ever made me feel incompetant, i still have a long way to go but i'm getting there with the help of these great people.

One person in particular has helped me loads naval design...i'm making him my mentor wether he likes it or not lol ..i cant thank him enough he's been great and Raceys tips are brilliant even when he's had a few beers lol

But...the biggest thing ive learned is ...check and recheck your dots n dashes!
      that little dot can stop a page from working if its put in the wrong place, make sure your dots n dashes are in the right place or it can take days to find as i found out to my own cost ....i was so used to using @ that i used it without thinking ..when actually it should have been .
      my advice for any beginner ...check check and check again those little errors can make big problems ....:o)

Lincs

Hmm, helpful and encouraging information. Thank you. I needed that.

Comment

Working...
      X