Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• uploading file forms

hello,

i have built a form where part of it is to upload a file and i was jusrt checking on which encoding to have it on, simple text form data or multi form etc?

thanks

Re: uploading file forms

David meant multipart / form data

Goodmorning David.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

You are quite right, thats what I meant.........

Good evening George.......had to dash out this morning.
      Have fun
      Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
      Newbies / Beginners Forum
      FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
      My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
      Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Like JMKluss, I've created a BV page with a form that allows the user to upload a file. I've tested it four times and each time I fill out the form and hit Submit, I immediately get the 'success' page that I should.

And when I go to the e-mail address where the message should have gone, the message is all there EXCEPT the e-mail has no attachment containing the uploaded file.

The form was created using the regular "Form" button in BV (not the Form Wizard) and I have the encoding type set to multipart/form-data.
        What do I need to do to make the uploaded file appear as an attachment to the e-mail that provides the rest of the data submitted from the form? ***THANK YOU***

Comment

provide a link to the form please
          Have fun
          Regards..... David

Comment

Thanks, D & L . . . I added the link-to-the-page to my original post just after posting it. By the way (second question), do you know how to prevent search engines from picking up these forum pages based on a "live" link that I've listed here? Thanks.

Comment

If you dont want the se's to pick up your link, dont post it again.

Off to check your form now to see if I can help......
              Have fun
              Regards..... David

Comment

The built in BV form processor does NOT send the uploaded files as attachments. It uploads them on your site, and includes a link in the email, for you to download or open (in case of images or PDFs)
                Navaldesign
                Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

How and with what did you create this form??

<form name="Job Applicant Message" method="POST" action="jobthankyou.php" enctype="multipart/form-data" id="Form2" onsubmit="return ValidateJob Applicant Message(this)">

<input type="file" id="FileUpload1" style="position:absolute;left:69px;top:368px;width :363px;height:23px;z-index:12" size="40" name="Resume">
                  Have fun
                  Regards..... David

Comment

To create this form, I copied a form I had created on another BV page and pasted it onto this page, then edited it. The original form was created using the "Form" button--the one at the opposite end of the forms toolbar from the Forms Wizard button.

Naval, thanks for speaking up, but I'm confused: every time I've tested this newer form (which I've confirmed is encoded in multipart/form-data), including twice in the past hour, the e-mail I get has no link to any uploaded document. However, when I set the encoding to "application/x-www-form-urlencoded" the e-mail I get from testing the form includes the location on my computer of the document I uploaded (C:\\Documents and Settings\\Jim\\My Documents . . .).

I must be doing something wrong, but I have no idea what. I wish this kind of thing were covered in a tutorial I could watch (would save both of us some time).

Comment

Jim,

are you using the latest BV version ? and have you used the built in form processor ?

If you have, it is impossible that you don't receive the link to the file location on the server. The encoding type MUST be multipart / form data, or the file will NOT be uploaded.

If, instead, you are usingthe OLD script that was posted in te forum till June 2008, it can NOT upload files.

Use the latest version of BV. The form is ok. Double click the form and check the "Use Built in form processor", save, publish and refresh.

The age MUST (if you use the built in form processor) be published as php. If it was html, also change the links in your menus.

Last, REMOVE the script from your "jobthankyou" page, it will create blank emails if you use the built in form processor.
                      Navaldesign

Comment

When I go to my PC's Start button > Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs, it says I have BlueVoda Website Builder 10.0C. Is this the latest version? If it's not, can you please e-mail me a link to where I can download the latest . . . because I looked all around the Vodatalk forum, and went to the VH home page, and could not find anything about downloading the latest.

Regarding the "Use Built-in form processor" item that I need to check: Is that only in the latest version of BV? Because I don't see it when I double-click my form now (in 10.0C).

And when you say delete the script on 'jobthankyou' I assume you mean ONLY delete the following, which I have in the Inside Body Tag section:

<script language="php">
                        $email = $HTTP_POST_VARS[email];
                        $mailto = "jimchicago@sbcglobal.net";
                        $mailsubj = "Job Applicant message from Salon Hype web site";
                        $mailhead = "From: $email\n";
                        reset ($HTTP_POST_VARS);
                        $mailbody = "Values submitted from web site form:\n";
                        while (list ($key, $val) = each ($HTTP_POST_VARS)) { $mailbody .= "$key : $val\n"; }
                        if (!eregi("\n",$HTTP_POST_VARS[email])) { mail($mailto, $mailsubj, $mailbody, $mailhead); }
                        </script>

Thanks, Naval!

>>> THANK YOU <<<

Comment

Hi Jim,

No this is not the latest version. This one could NOT uppload files. That's why you have issues.

Yes, i mean deleting this part that you posted.

Link: http://www.vodasupport.com/index.php...wnloaditemid=1
                          Navaldesign

Comment

I'm going nuts trying to make this form work in BV 10.2. Here's what I've done:

1. Downloaded and installed the newest version of BV (ver 10.2)
                            2. Went into page properties (for the 'employment' page) and set the file extension to 'php'
                            3. Double-clicked the form, checked the box for 'Use built-in PHP form processor' and
                            4. Made sure the encoding type is multipart/form-data
                            5. On the jobthankyou page, deleted the script from the Inside Body Tag section
                            6. Also on jobthankyou, set the file extension to 'php'

I did all of these steps except #5 (I think that's the only one I'd skipped) and then tested the form. As before, the info submitted thru the form came to me in an e-mail, but WITHOUT a link to the uploaded document.

After doing #5, I'm getting NO e-mail after testing the form.

I notice that even though I have the file extension as .php for both pages (and I published both multiple times after doing so), the employment page comes up in my browser as a .html (and won't display as a .php) file.

Does it matter that I don't have anything filled in for "Error URL" in the Form Properties (because I haven't published an Error page)?

Comment

Working...
                            X