Password protecting in soho

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Password protecting in soho

Can some one please help me understand the whole cpanel password protection thing? I use soho but can't seem to find an answer on their forum so I'm writing here.

I have spent literally hours and hours trying to figure this out. My website is not completed but it is up and running. I just need to add more content. As well as the one BIG issue. I've written an e-book and I will be selling it on my site.

I have a page that is "hidden" right now that will give my readers a link to dowload the pdf file. I'm trying to password protect this page. How the heck do I do this? I've read all these different posts and they all say use the cpanel. I even asked a friend and she says the same thing. I've watched the tutorials. I have a folder in my pubic_htm files for this purpose. I've created a user name and password. It shows that it is locked.

How do I get or publish my "hidden" page into that folder? How do I then link up to it? I'm at my wits end. I need to know this asap. It will be no problem to have the rest of my content updated by tomorrow. What do I do with this though?

Maybe I'm just REALLY slow. But if someone can help me out and explain in lamens terms, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks, Cheryl
    www.cheryldsolis.com
    Client id: 27200

Re: Need help please!!!

You simply upload the file and then on your product page in the shopping cart, edit your product and go to the ADVANCED tab.. and you will see about the MIDDLE of the page literally a lil option there to allow download of this file after payment is completed. Select the file you have UPLOADED to SOHO via the file manager or however you upped it to the page in the little drop down there. Then they are sent the url when the transaction is completed to down load the product.

No need to HIDE the page or password protect it.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

I'm using paypal. Will that be ok?

I realize I probably should have written in soho but it seems like this one is more active.

Comment

Make sure that you use the option to encrypt the PayPal button or the link to download will be visible in your page html.
        CarbonTerry
        Semper Fi
        Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
        Zone 5 Photo
        My USMC

Comment

I was able to get the paypal buttons on my page but I still can figure out how to password protect my page. I don't want to use the authorized login feature on soho. I just want to secure the page with one general username and password for buyers to download their e-book. The feature on soho let's people "manage" their account and I don't want that.

Thanks for the help so far. But...I still need more.

Comment

Re: Password protecting in soho

YOU DONT NEED ENCRYPTED BUTTONS AND YOU DONT NEED PASSWORD PROTECTION.. ..

Please read & if you dont use soho please SHUT UP.. it makes it worse!

You dont need PAYPAL buttons on your page. USE THE PRODUCT. Go to shopping cart icon.. add a product. In the middle of the product page on the advanced tab is where you ALLOW the download only after they have paid.

Set up your cart.. shopping cart icon PAYMENT methods, put in paypal email address ..save..

You are done.. you have a downloadable product, that will only be available when they purchase. Go to the outer page where you have all this other stuff.. delete that mess.. and drag the shopping icon to the page....paypal product its all there.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Karen,

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

It figures it was that simple. I will try to look at all the frustrated hours spent at trying to figure all this stuff out as hours learned and not hours wasted.

Thanks again, Cheryl

Comment

Youre welcome.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

I have learnt to check to the right, and the moment I see soho.....I leave it to Karen..............lol

Wll done yet again Karen..............
                  Have fun
                  Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
                  Newbies / Beginners Forum
                  FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
                  My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
                  Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

LOL.. I dont mind if they use soho.. but soho isnt the same as bv and has different features and different ways to do things and it just makes a mess to sort out the confusion when people tell them to do how they do it in BV or some other builder. I know they are trying to help.. i just dont want people more confused than they already are.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

I understand completly, I try never to reply to something unless I have had some experience with the problem.................besides, I'm not looking for a Mac smack................ooohh
                      Have fun
                      Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
                      Newbies / Beginners Forum
                      FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
                      My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
                      Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Working...
                      X