PDA

View Full Version : How do I publish 2 different sites with BlueVoda?

MyLuckyCharms
08-18-2008, 02:29 AM
I have two different Vodahost accounts. One site is for herb products, which is already built and published. The other new Vodahosted site I just started setting up is for internet marketing.

How do I use the Bluevoda web-building software to also do my internet marketing site, set up on a different account? How do I publish two different websites with just the one Bluevoda web-building software?

I know I will be accessing two different IP addresses, but I am not able to publish the internet marketing site, without the herb site sitting in my Bluevoda web-site builder...I imagine there is a simple answer to this and any one who can answer...I would deeply appreciate it...

The domain name for the new site is >> http://www.highprofitsource.com

Thanks

davidundalicia
08-18-2008, 02:43 AM
Have 2 different folders on your computer, then use the right folder for opening and saving your different sites/accounts.

i.e.
When opening a new blank page for your 2nd site, save it as index
to your new/2nd folder.......then save all new pages for your 2nd site in the new folder.

MyLuckyCharms
08-18-2008, 05:23 AM
Thanks for your help...I am just wondering...in the Cpanel there is a button for adding extra domain names. I suppose that would work...

davidundalicia
08-18-2008, 09:21 AM
No, thats for adding a new domain to the same account on the server and
you would still have the same problem of folders on your computer.

I have several accounts with quite a few websites, and I usually have 2 copies of BV open at the same time...........just have to be careful when saving and publishing.

MyLuckyCharms
08-18-2008, 03:23 PM
Now I understand. Great job of explaining this. Thanks.

MyLuckyCharms
08-18-2008, 03:41 PM
The only issue I have run into is publishing. When I try to use BlueVoda web-builder to make a different site...it will only pop up the publish screen with my herb site?

How do I get the publish window to pop up...without also loading my herb site? I know to click the IP address for my internet site in the drop down and put the name of the site folder in the publish pop up window.

Do I need to download another BlueVoda web-builder on a different computer? I tried downloading another BlueVoda web-builder and it loaded right over the one I already had...

Lcoisas
08-18-2008, 03:55 PM
Hi there,

You have account A (herbs site)
Account 2 - New site

For your herbs site, you have IP address + username + password you use to publish it.

For your new site, you also have IP address - username + password.

On popup window when publishing, change your IP server number to the stated on your new account details, insert new site username + new site pasword, and you will be publishing to your new account.

Susana

MyLuckyCharms
08-19-2008, 03:04 AM
Thanks Susana!

I now know what to do...I appreciate the example you gave...made it much more clear...

Thanks to both of you for your excellent assistance!

Lcoisas
08-19-2008, 03:07 AM
You're welcome.

Good work.