Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hyperlink For Logo

Domain name: www.preachinggodsword.org

Can anyone tell me whether it is possible to create a hyperlink for a logo, other than imposing a text hyperlink on a blank logo? I'm trying, but not very succesfully.
    Thanks - Jan Vink

Re: Hyperlink For Logo

yes, just put a transparent image over the logo and then link it as you would any other image.
    mrmagoo144
    mrmagoo144
    www.videopostcards.info

Comment

If the logo is a gif or jpeg, then simply right click on it and in the properties box enter your link. Might even want to enter alternate text so if some one does place their mouse over the picture, it will highlight the name given.

***Update........it appears that you have done this with your entire template. This needs to be corrected. Remove the link on the picture of the template and apply it only to the logo.

Andy
      PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Hello Andy - (1) The logo I have used on the index page of my website I have obtained by clicking on the logo icon in the vertical toolbar on the left of the BV website builder window. When I right-click this logo and select the properties window it does not give me a place to enter a link.
        (2) I am a novice at this and am not entirely certain what you mean by "***Update........it appears that you have done this with your entire template. This needs to be corrected. Remove the link on the picture of the template and apply it only to the logo." Can you explain this?

Thank you
        Jan

Comment

Jan,

Sure. The template is basically a jpeg or gif (large) that you then place elements on top of it such as links, pictures etc..........

On any image you place on the page, if you right click it the properties window appears. That window will let you;
          set an alternate tag (name)
          set a link to the picture
          create an event (such as "onlclick" etc..)
          put border around it

If you hover your mouse over the template of your website and click on it, it takes you to an internaal page. This is because the template (picture) has been assigned a link via the properties box. Remove that link and it will be better.

Hope that helps

Andy
          PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Originally posted by mrmagoo144 View Post
            yes, just put a transparent image over the logo and then link it as you would any other image.
            mrmagoo144
            www.videopostcards.info
            Just to elaborate in more detail to mrmagoo144's suggestion:

Use the Shape tool in BV and place a shape covering the logo. Then right click and goto properties and select the color of the border of the shape and then select transparent.

Then link the transparent shape to its intended destination.
            www.siapamoyanganda.com/
            Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
            State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Domain name: www.preachinggodsword.org

Hi Andy

Thanks for your advice. I don't know how I managed this - but I think I have corrected it.

Kind regards
              Jan

Comment

Yup........its corrected.

And yes, zuritan and mrmagoo are correct. When you have a text that you wish to make a link without the underline you can use their method of the transparent image over the text and link that.

Cheers-

Andy
                PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Working...
                X