published site problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• published site problems

HELP!! I had no problems publishing my pages, but when I tried to veiw it in my browser, it came up

Index of:

all my files listed.

www.fineartanddecor.com

I did have the name of the hompage wrong, but I have since changed it to index and reloaded.

The domain is with another site, I checked to make sure the nameserver and DNS were correct and they are.

Thanks
    Terri
    Terri
    www.ice-tropic.com
    www.janebondtravel.com
    www.theazfoodcritic.com

Re: published site problems

looks ok to me.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thanks, I reloaded all the pages and voila!!!!!! The site itself still needs work tho!
      Terri
      www.ice-tropic.com
      www.janebondtravel.com
      www.theazfoodcritic.com

Comment

Well, now I've got a new problem. The homepage is pushed to the right, I have the center in page disabled, tried it in 800 x 600 and the original 1028 x 718, and the objects do not go any further to the left in BlueVoda. I also tried the lock option on the images.

Any ideas? I'm sure it's something simple I'm just overlooking.
        Terri
        www.ice-tropic.com
        www.janebondtravel.com
        www.theazfoodcritic.com

Comment

Originally posted by jane bond
          Well, now I've got a new problem. The homepage is pushed to the right, I have the center in page disabled, tried it in 800 x 600 and the original 1028 x 718, and the objects do not go any further to the left in BlueVoda. I also tried the lock option on the images.

Any ideas? I'm sure it's something simple I'm just overlooking.
          You have the page centered in browser ENABLED. Look at your HTML code and you will see it:

width: 1028px;
          position: relative;
          margin-top: 0px;
          margin-left: auto;
          margin-right: auto;
          text-align: left;
          Navaldesign
          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks for the reply, but I did not have it enabled, made sure to disable it. I deleted the slide-out nav bar and replaced it with a static one and, LO, the page is now perfect...mystery to me!
            Terri
            www.ice-tropic.com
            www.janebondtravel.com
            www.theazfoodcritic.com

Comment

Originally posted by jane bond
              Thanks for the reply, but I did not have it enabled, made sure to disable it. I deleted the slide-out nav bar and replaced it with a static one and, LO, the page is now perfect...mystery to me!
              Jane, unless my browser is playing with me, your HOME page is stll centered, the rest of your pages not. This little piece of code of the above post, is for centering the page. Mine is a 22" Philips monitor, set at 1600resolution. I should see if your pages are not centered. In smaler monitors and lower resolution you can't understand because the centered page and the non centered ones take exactly the same space.
              Navaldesign
              Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
              DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
              Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

That's so odd. It comes up fine on my browser. I will try what you suggest. Thanks.
                Terri
                www.ice-tropic.com
                www.janebondtravel.com
                www.theazfoodcritic.com

Comment

it comes up centered on mine also...http://www.fineartanddecor.com/designers.html....if you look at that page and look at the Maquee and you see that it cuts off the lettering. Resize the Marquee box and it will fix that problem

Comment

HELP!! I had no problems publishing my pages, but when I tried to veiw it in my browser, it came up

Index of:

all my files listed.

Comment

Index of:

all my files listed.
                      most probably you didn't publish your index page to your main directory.
                      what is your URL so we can take a look ?
                      Nyoman

Comment

I have a similar problem. In the remote FTP list I sometimes see index.html but also Index.html (Cap I).
                        I also seem to have two sites. www.kengar.com/ and www.kengar.com/Index.html The second one shows my site as it should be...the first one, the one I want, won't now load a pic I placed on there.
                        What's my problem?

Comment

why you have to make 2 index page in one direction ? make your page as index and not Index .
                          your picture won't load in www.kengar.com i am sure because the name of the image was mistake . the correct one is 010July04_01.jpg and not 010July04.jpg. check it out
                          Nyoman

Comment

Originally posted by kenkew
                            I have a similar problem. In the remote FTP list I sometimes see index.html but also Index.html (Cap I).
                            I also seem to have two sites. www.kengar.com/ and www.kengar.com/Index.html The second one shows my site as it should be...the first one, the one I want, won't now load a pic I placed on there.
                            What's my problem?
                            You have saved your index page on your computer with two different names, index and Index. Open in BV the one that is correct, save it as index (Lowercase i) and publish it. The image doesn't show because the link is set to 010July04.jpg whilst the correct one, as it appears in your index.html page, is 010July04_01.jpg
                            Navaldesign

Comment

I have BVIndex which loaded as default in my BlueVoda computer files. It's the one with the BV logo. This is the page I save to. That's not right? Also the image 010July04_01.jpg is the one showing in my FTP. That's where the confusion comes. It's showing the right pic but not when I publish. Why am I seeming to publish all files into www.kengar.com/Index .html and not into www. kengar.com ?

Comment

Working...
                              X