Previewing and speed of loading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Previewing and speed of loading

I'm nearlyready to płblish my new site and I am using the "preview" facility to see how the pages will look on my browser ( internet explorer)

Now, my question is this: when I preview the pages, they load quickly - that's fine, BUT.....will they load as quickly when the site is published and accessed by anyone else? The reason for my concern is that the pages are all quite heavily laden with graphics etc and I don't want any potential
    clients getting fed up waiting for pages to load.

I know there are variables like the processor speed, the internet connection speed etc, but is there a way of knowing before publishing the pages if they will load at the same speed as they do for me in preview mode - provided, of course, the processor speed and internet connection speed are the same as mine?

I don't really want to publish all the pages and then have to start over if they”'re slow to load.

Any advice appreciated
    Casita Limonares
    Bay Watch Spain

Re: Previewing and speed of loading

Main menu>Tools>page weight> & keep it well bellow 500kb in total. Remember that many (just under 1/2 the world) are still on dial up.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

To get a idea to see if it loads ok ckeck in the tool bar under tools look for page weight if you have a lot of images make sure there around 50 kbs or smaller. Another thing I would do preview it under mozzilla as well the 2 browsers reads the code differently could possible be overlapping.
      sigpicJoe
      Funny Jokes and Redneck Pics

www.anytime-figurines.com

"laughter is the best medicine"
      The most wasted of all days is one without laughter. ~e.e. cummings

Comment

Thanks for that info guys......I'll have to give out coffee and sandwiches while they wait......time to enter phase 2 of the design project and have a re-think!

Just to clarify...the two answers I received are 50Kbs and 500 Kbs - which is the correct one? I hope it's (500)

Thanks again
        Casita Limonares
        Bay Watch Spain

Comment

The 500 kbs is for the whole page size I think it would be best at to look at the image size first because they slow down the loading. Look at on cris image tips if they are.
          sigpicJoe
          Funny Jokes and Redneck Pics

www.anytime-figurines.com

"laughter is the best medicine"
          The most wasted of all days is one without laughter. ~e.e. cummings

Comment

200 kbs is a good figure to use for the overall page ..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            1-302-283-3777 North America / International
            02036089024 / United Kingdom
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
            X