No information from form

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No information from form

I have added an email contact form. However when I put in information and send it I get an email that says "Values submitted from web site form:" but has no information in it. What do I need to do?

richardnormancars.com

Re: No information from form

Probably wrong Encoding type, or fields outside the form boundaries. A link to the form please ?
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Can we presume this is the form?

Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Ramsey (Marincky) has had the patience to look through the pages for the link to the form. The problem is the encoding type: it is set to be text/plain instead of the correct Multipart / Form Data.

Also, rename your Email field to email (all lowercase and name your text area Comments instead of the default Textarea1
        Navaldesign
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Ok, now I am getting the information. Thanks so much.
          a) Is there a way to actually see what the checkbax says instead of getting checkbox 1, checkbox 2, etc and
          b) why am I also getting the submit button.
          c) Finally, how can I put the information in the email in the order that it is in the form.

Comment

1. Checkboxes are un-named. That's why you receive checkbox1 etc. Name them.
            2. The submit button MUST be named "submit" or you will also receive it .
            3. Right click the first field, and from the right click menu select "Move to Front". Repeat with all fields, in the desired order. Include in this procedure your Reset and Submit buttons.
            Navaldesign

Comment

Thank you soo much! Ok hopefully last question.
              Is there a way to change the font and/or color of the information that is received in the e-mail to make it easier to sort and can I automatically send it to a database or do I have to type each one in individually.

Comment

At the moment the only option for database storing is ABVFP.

It is not possible to use different fonts and colors, this requires htm email which is not yet available in ABVFP.
                Navaldesign

Comment

Hi everyone, i followed everything on these forums including on this post, yet still nothing appears in the email. I did the text/plain thing, no capitals, etc.Any advice?

Comment

the form is at http://rednz.net/ordernow.php

Comment

I tested your form.
                      First, the validation doesn't work, because the form name has two words separated by a whitespace. Replace it with an underscore.
                      Then i see that your success page is coming up, which means that the script DOES work. If you get no email, there can only be two reasons:
                      1. You mistyped your email address in the form wizard
                      2. The email gets blocked by your ISP.

Try replacing the email address with one within your own account, and then check for the mail in your webmail to see if it gets at least there.
                      Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
                      X