PDA

View Full Version : publishing

martin.joyce1@ntlworld.co
08-21-2008, 05:47 PM
as far as i know i have done everything asked and STILL can't publish my website.is there any way you at blue voda can check my pages to see what i'm doing wrong???i get the message "successfully published" but to where?i have saved home page as index,i'm using the correct url 74.86.118.28. but no sign of site on the web.please help
martin
domain name is
petportraitsbymartinjoyce.com
client id is 27135(is this the same as account id?)

davidundalicia
08-21-2008, 05:52 PM
just visited
petportraitsbymartinjoyce.com

and saw that wonderful alsation dog.............so you have published to the right place..............

Rosnasharn
08-22-2008, 02:30 PM
I too just visited your site....lovely portraits, but I suggest you lose the roses. :)
Sharon
www.rosnasharnfarm.com (http://www.rosnasharnfarm.com)
www.centralhighlandsgoatclub.com (http://www.centralhighlandsgoatclub.com)

D'son
08-22-2008, 03:43 PM
You r link to home on all your pages does not work you have it linked to home.html it should be inde.html
Other than that not a bad site, not much there.

davidundalicia
08-22-2008, 04:10 PM
It could be index.html
but its normal just to use just the domain name only for the home page
i.e: petportraitsbymartinjoyce.com

08-22-2008, 06:25 PM
thank you for all your comments,finally i feel i am getting somewhere.so,sharron,what do you suggest instead of the roses?the templates are very limited.also,what am i doing wrong because i cannot find my own site on the web!when i type in petportraitsbymartinjoyce i get "not found"?????

D'son
08-22-2008, 07:05 PM
Are you typing in the address directly or trying to use a search to find it? If it is a new site it more than likely will not show up in searches for quite a while. Not until you optimise your site, have good key word, etc. There are many post on how to get indexed and/or SEO optimization, use the search link at the top of the page to locate them. We can see your site when we type in your address just fine. I would still work on eliminating all the white space (empty space) on your page, it looks as if you have only half a page. One suggestion if you really do not want to add more to the pages is to start with a box and boarder centered on ht epage and put all your content inside that box. Then if you wanted click outside of the box and add a back ground color, this will make the page look finished and defined. Besure to click center in browser in the page properties box. Preview it in different browsers to get the spacing just right.

davidundalicia
08-22-2008, 07:06 PM
It could be index.html
but its normal just to use just the domain name only for the home page
i.e: petportraitsbymartinjoyce.com

type THIS into your browser: petportraitsbymartinjoyce.com

08-24-2008, 06:27 PM
hi it's martin from petportraitsbymartinjoyce.com
id 27135
thanks again for the comments,much appreciated.
so if i want to make adjustments to my site,do i just re-build the page and re-publish or do i have to "unpublish" the page and re-submit?

davidundalicia
08-24-2008, 06:35 PM
Just make your changes to any page and then
save
publish

08-27-2008, 04:40 PM
hi it,s martin again(id no. 27135)
petportraitsbymartinjoyce
i have re-designed my index page,and saved as index,bv says "already exists,do you want to overwrite" i click yes,but get message "save unsuccessful"what do i need to do???

davidundalicia
08-27-2008, 05:05 PM
You may have 2 copies of the index open at the same time.
close your BV - reopen
then open the index and republish

carolineheider
08-28-2008, 04:43 PM
I'm having the same problem that the original poster had.....When I tried to publish it said "successful" but I'm not finding my site on-line. It says "internet explorer cannot open the webpage." Any ideas? The site is movementessentials.com

D'son
08-28-2008, 05:33 PM
I see a site for a Pilates studio is this your site? Here is the link http://www.movementessentials.com/

carolineheider
08-28-2008, 09:13 PM
Yes! That's mine, but even when I click on your link, I get the "can't display" message. What am I doing wrong?

D'son
08-28-2008, 10:50 PM
First it could be your security settings on your computer blocking it some how. Second always start your own thread, do not jump someone elses it is thought of as rude and you will not receive all the help you need if people do not know about your individual problem.

carolineheider
08-28-2008, 11:10 PM
thanks!