I'm finally ready to come out of the closet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm finally ready to come out of the closet

You've gotta be cruel to be kind but constructive would be nice too. I've spent hours trying to get my images smaller and keep them looking crisp. They need to be smaller (especially my header) but I'm running out of ideas.
    Honestly though.....would this web page convince you to go fishing?
    www.ArlineFishingCharter.co.nz
    www.NewZealandFishingCharter.com
    www.TwinPines.co.nz

Re: I'm finally ready to come out of the closet

Hi Muzza
    The textual content is nice and warm and friendly
    and I could very well start hunting for my rods again..................

You need to tweek your top menu page or your content page
    as the top is overlapping the content.............can you reduce all that white space a little.

Will take another look when I get back later on.........you have made a good start..........now comes the incessant tweeking..............lol
    Have fun
    Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
    Newbies / Beginners Forum
    FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
    My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
    Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

That's a bugger. I deliberately overlapped the header with the content while trying to keep it clear to read. I thought it was a nice effect - obviously you don't. I was trying to avoid a header with strong boundaries and merging them together. Like I say I thought it worked well but if it puts customers off then it would be a (big) concern.

I'm not sure what "white space" you're referring to. Is it at the top of each page? (i.e. the header?).
      www.TwinPines.co.nz

Comment

realy nice site i did not see the menu bars on top until I read davids I was using the links on the bottom there 2 that need to open in the same menu, that is book a trip and request a quote. You get a 404 error on fishing reports needs a link fixed. Other than that you off to a good start and lets go fishing my favorite past time. Good luck..
        sigpicJoe
        Funny Jokes and Redneck Pics

www.anytime-figurines.com

"laughter is the best medicine"
        The most wasted of all days is one without laughter. ~e.e. cummings

Comment

Ditto With Joe, I found the menu bar at the top by mistake actually. Need some way to make sure people know it is there, Fix the broken links and I think you are golden, Good Job.
          Reguards
          Ed
          www.dsondesigns.com
          www.marseillesyouthsports.com
          www.300hitter.com
          www.bigjk.net
          How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

Hi Muzza, Looking good. Really good and I don't even fish. I understand what you were trying to do with the header and the content, but your uneven white space around the beautiful photo already creates an intergration between the header and content. I would move my content down a little so that it just about touches the water. That way you would still achieve your concept of no strong boundaries.
            I knew the menu was there (I loved the header so much and the writing got in my way) but I don't feel that it works well and as Joe and Ed did not notice it - there will be others who miss it. What if you moved your phone numbers under the photo of your boat and used the space created, for your menu. There is room to move the testimonial down to allow for your numbers.
            Sandra

Comment

Just looked again and if you move your menu out of the header you could move the header up instead of the content down. I think there is enough white at the top - if you don't have to worry about the writing going into the dark of the photo. I would not lose all the white at the top - just nearly to the coloured part of the photo. That saves moving all of the images and content but still shows of the beautiful header.
              Sandra

Comment

Hi, just out of curiosity. Is this site yours as well. (Good looking site) Cant quite make out the change???
                Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

If that other site IS yours then please
                  Be advised that SEO's frown upon duplicate sites or duplicate content.
                  Have fun
                  Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
                  Newbies / Beginners Forum
                  FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
                  My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
                  Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

muzza,
                    great site, navigates well. content easily readable, colors and composition all appealing.
                    my only problem with it is the nav menu.
                    it looks like an addon by an amatueur whose webmaster quit. ha!
                    go with some nice buttons and think about putting them in that left hand column.
                    to answer your question, yes i think this is professional enough to attract clients interest and keep it.
                    well done.
                    charlie
                    journey462001
                    www.limitationsmusic.com

Comment

Thanks for all the comments and I'll be trying to implement some of them. I'll just have to play around with some stuff to get it right.

To those that asked, yes the "ArlineFishingCharter" website is mine. I had access to create and modify up to 10 pages but the eDIY guys who control the servers, headers and trailers are hopeless when it comes to getting crucial changes made. It even took a whole year to get them to send me an invoice.

So I decided to move but I had to recreate everything first. Vodahost is cheaper and allows me more pages so I figure I'm on a winner. As soon as this draft is finalised it will be replacing my old one.
                      www.TwinPines.co.nz

Comment

Very nice Muzza.
                        I don't fish, but the images and overall feel of your site is very enticing.

The white writing on either side looks a little cramped.

Comment

Muzza,

I am not an authority on anything, but if you are happy with your site on bv then drop the others cause it will hurt you in the long run...

Any amount of caring souls on this forum will help you...drop them...and do your best to make them understand you are done with them...

Because as long as you have a site with them, it is hurting you with bv...
                          Karen Williams
                          Your Belief is Your Reality

Comment

hI muzaa
                            very nice site i like it..... i would for sure go fishing.....
                            sigpic
                            Live and Let live
                            www.lowbudgetsmediaadvertising.com
                            www.discoverpopotla.com
                            www.villadeflorencia.com
                            www.rusticosalvarez.com

Comment

Hi Muzza,
                              I liked the other header more. But this one is a super photo as well.
                              Just noticed a typo on the first page of your recipes. Under whether to fillet or not. You have wether and I bet you can imagine some Aussie males comments.
                              The other area of text i noticed something that your editing missed. (You can edit 100 times and still miss something if you are doing it yourself) In the Paihia Paintball section you have 'Stag do, work Do, sports Do or just a group' If you keep it the same way both the second & third do would start with lower case. My suggestion would be to change it to 'Stag, work and sport events or just a group of friends' The reason being, i think that 'a do' might be New Zealand & Aus English, although I am not sure.
                              Sandra

Comment

Working...
                              X