Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re-publishing

Hi,
    I have decided to republish my pages for a more eye-catching header design and revised pages. I have managed to re-publish all my pages successfully except the about_us page. This page appears to be saved properly and has the same parameters as the others but when you view it online, it is still the old version and hence the internal links do not work. I have used the same ip address, user name and password as the other pages so I cannot see what I am doing wrong.

Any ideas? www.agooti.com
    Thanks
    Caramel

Re: Re-publishing

Your 'about Us' page is fine and has republished. You are probably seeing the old page because of your cache needs clearing out.

Sometimes these things just take time to show up. But I can see your new page ok.
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Hi,
      Thanks for your quick reply. You say that my cache needs clearing out. Is that something I need to do or will it sort it self out on shut down and reboot?
      I am going to add a messge to the forum now for everyone to comment on my site. I would appreciate it if you would give your feedback as well. Do all my links work? Any spelling mistakes?
      Thanks
      Caramel

Comment

Originally posted by caramel View Post
        Hi,
        Thanks for your quick reply. You say that my cache needs clearing out. Is that something I need to do or will it sort it self out on shut down and reboot?
        I am going to add a messge to the forum now for everyone to comment on my site. I would appreciate it if you would give your feedback as well. Do all my links work? Any spelling mistakes?
        Thanks
        Caramel
        It will show on reboot if that's easier for you. It will probably show up though if you just hold down 'ctrl' and hit the F5 button a few times.

I wouldn't put your site out for feedback yet, I think you have much more to do. There is not a lot to look at currently.

One thing I will say, on the top banner you have the phrase:

Browse and buy .....the best deals online!

I don't know why but you appear to have made this from about three different text blocks.

You would be better writing this all in one text block.
        Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

I didn't see this comment before I put my site out for feedback. Anyway...Yes, I know it needs content which I will have as soon as I sign up for the appropriate affiliate programs. But I need some sort of website to sign up for most programs hence the reason I have done it this way. Then when I add content, it will be relevant.
          In the mean time I am looking for comments on whether or not viewers find that the links work etc. and if the page takes extra long to load - stuff like that.
          Thanks
          caramel

Comment

Working...
          X