Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Files disappeared from Doc/BV folder

I can't find this problem anywhere:
    I copied my Documents/BlueVoda folder to a memory stick, which should not have been a problem. However, when I went to my builder after that, the first dozen or so (a through b) files were missing. In checking, I saw that they are not on the memory stick or in the BV folder anymore.

They are in the cpanel but I don't know how to get them from there to my folder.

What in the world happened??? And how can I fix this, please?

Thanking you in advance,
    Deet

Re: Files disappeared from Doc/BV folder

Hi ..

The easiest way for you to get your files back with be to log into your ftp manager, where you can grab handfuls at a time to download to your computer ..

your username and password will be the same
    then hit connect, once connected you will notice on the left side, are the files on your own computer, on the right side are the files on your server,
    go into your directory (folder) and you can highlight the files, click copy and choose the location on your own computer as to where you download them. I recommend DOCUMENTS/BLUEVODA/DOMAINFOLDER ..
    Once you have the images in this folder, reinsert them on your blue voda page by double clicking the area that the file is missing and reinsert, republish and all will be good ..

Good Luck .

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thank you for your help LadyEye.

I have been working on this all afternoon and still don't have my files where they belong.

First I had to learn the "ftp in the cpanel" thing. Scary, I tell you.

The files that I moved over were .php and .jpg. I put them in the domain folder with the correct ones which are Blue Voda Document.

Quote: Once you have the images in this folder, reinsert them on your blue voda page by double clicking the area that the file is missing and reinsert, republish and all will be good .. End quote.

How do I reinsert them on my blue voda page..double click where?

Ooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Very frustrated!

Comment

well if you import the files from html.. you will get most of the page into bv. You will have to fix images etc.and maybe line a few things up. Thats what shes talking about. Open a new page from HTML .. so that you can have a rebuplishable product.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Please forgive me Karen.

"Open a new page from html." Do you mean rebuild it from scratch? With my template of course.

Thanks,
          Dee

Comment

Wait a minute.... import from html??????? What I imported was php and jpg.

Comment

Originally posted by Deet View Post
              Please forgive me Karen.

"Open a new page from html." Do you mean rebuild it from scratch? With my template of course.

Thanks,
              Dee
              Yes thats what we were referring to.. and yes.. you may not be able to get the php.. i dont know where the jpeg came into play. If these arent bv files you are dealing with.. just simply save them off the server.

Youre even confusing me now.. as I dont understand what you want or what you are trying to accomplish.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

I'm sorry Karen but it's pretty bad when I can confuse even you. :)

I lost the first 30 pages from my domain folder. Just vanished, poof, after trying to save the folder to a memory stick. I don't know why and why only them. Thank God only them! Now when I click on File, Open and go to my folder to open a page the first 30 are missing.

Anyhow, between what you and LadyEye have told me I think I can now redo them. Thank you both so much for your help. As always I do appreciate it.

Thanks again,
                Dee

Comment

Working...
                X