Forum Skins/Styles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum Skins/Styles

i have been trying 6 hours to put a new skin/style from another website over top of my forum that blue voda give me ,i have looked at the blue tutorials on forums, but its just something that am not doing right ,i went to my control panel into fantastico and went to phpbb2 ,an did every thing it says to do i believe that part worked fine,but in the admin department of my board, it says to upload the style/skin that i wont to use from another website up to the template directory for my board but i dont know how to do that :and also am not even sure if i had to even do what i did by setting it up in the fantastico in my control panel to even do what am trying to do or not, or if this can be done with out fantastico, this is what i got off of another guys thread where to find an how to upload & download an set up these new styles from this other website, can some one plz help me understand it all Better step by step ?

To install a style

go to this site http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/catdb.php?db=2
    1)click on one of the folders and choose whever style you want

2)download it unto your pc

3)upload the zip to your / public_html / forum / templates

4) when its finished uploading click on the zip file click extract

5) a window will open up when you click extract when it finish loading close it

6) go to your forum sign on as the admin Go to Administration Panel scroll down to were it says style management then click on add style then install it and thats :

Re: Forum Skins/Styles

Very simple instructions:
    1. Download the style and unzip it onto your pc.
    2. Open Blue Voda, go to Tools > FTP Manager.
    3. On the right side, navigate to your forum/template directory.
    4. On the left side, navigate to where you saved the style on your pc. Click on the name of the style (don't double click it) and then select "Copy To" on the toolbar up top. Sit back and watch the folders fly through the air with the greatest of ease.
    5. Log into your forum's admin panel, go to Styles Admin > Add and install the new style.
    6. Go to Forum Configuration and set the new style as the default syle for the forum.
    7. Enjoy your new look.
    8. Keep all inquiries on the same topic in the same thread, makes it easier for all of us to see what has and hasn't been done.
    My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Oh, and make sure you post your threads in the appropriate area: this thread should have been posted in the "Start your own community forum" area. Not picking on you, my friend, but putting your questions in the proper areas makes it easier for all of us to help you.
      My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Originally posted by racefan20
        Very simple instructions:
        1. Download the style and unzip it onto your pc.
        2. Open Blue Voda, go to Tools > FTP Manager.
        3. On the right side, navigate to your forum/template directory.
        4. On the left side, navigate to where you saved the style on your pc. Click on the name of the style (don't double click it) and then select "Copy To" on the toolbar up top. Sit back and watch the folders fly through the air with the greatest of ease.
        5. Log into your forum's admin panel, go to Styles Admin > Add and install the new style.
        6. Go to Forum Configuration and set the new style as the default syle for the forum.
        7. Enjoy your new look.
        8. Keep all inquiries on the same topic in the same thread, makes it easier for all of us to see what has and hasn't been done.
        but thats the thing racefan20 i dont see # 3 the forum/template directory on the right side in my FTP at all, i see other folders but i dont see any thing that say templates directory or forum on the right hand side is there any other name that it might be listed under on the right hand side ? ,but i have found : on the left hand side i found where i saved the style at

Comment

Moved thread to forum category. Please do not open threads willy nilly all
          over the place. select the proper category. Thank you in advance.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

On the right side, you're looking for the directory in which you installed your forum. It just depends on what you named it.
            My NASCAR Forum

Comment

[list][*]
              On the right side, you're looking for the directory in which you installed your forum. It just depends on what you named it.
              1.) race fan20 am going nuts i just dont understand why i cant ever find what am looking for in the Ftp :sorry am a litttle slow when it comes to computers i just touched my first computer in my life 3 months ago so am kind of slow on some computer terms am sayings an whats what,well any way this is a list of every folder in my FTP: (2) _Private (3) _Vti_bin (4) Vti_cnf (5) _Vti_Log (6) _Vti_pvt (7) _Vti_txt (.Cpanel-database store (9) .Fantasticodate (10) .htpasswds (11) .Neomail (12) .Trash (13) etc (14) mail (15) Publish-html/ftp (16) tmp (17) _Vti_adm (1_Vti_aut (19) joomla (20) perl desk (21) phpbb2 (22) temporary (23) _Private (24) Images (25) Incoming (26) Analog (27) Awstats (2 Webalizer (29) WebalizerFtp (30) thats all the little yellow folders that i see on the right side of my Ftp

Comment

Originally posted by kad
                [list][*]1.) race fan20 am going nuts i just dont understand why i cant ever find what am looking for in the Ftp :sorry am a litttle slow when it comes to computers i just touched my first computer in my life 3 months ago so am kind of slow on some computer terms am sayings an whats what,well any way this is a list of every folder in my FTP: (2) _Private (3) _Vti_bin (4) Vti_cnf (5) _Vti_Log (6) _Vti_pvt (7) _Vti_txt (.Cpanel-database store (9) .Fantasticodate (10) .htpasswds (11) .Neomail (12) .Trash (13) etc (14) mail (15) Publish-html/ftp (16) tmp (17) _Vti_adm (1_Vti_aut (19) joomla (20) perl desk (21) phpbb2 (22) temporary (23) _Private (24) Images (25) Incoming (26) Analog (27) Awstats (2 Webalizer (29) WebalizerFtp (30) thats all the little yellow folders that i see on the right side of my Ftp
                this is the style that i wont to use , an also the down load link: http://www.phpbb.com/styles/forum/index.php?style=185 (down load) :http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/catdb.php...oad&id=1200356 maybe you can try it its very nice...

Comment

Do you want me to do this for you? I can have it done in no time and there's no charge.
                  My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Do you want me to do this for you? I can have it done in no time and there's no charge.
                    yes i would like that very much, but how ? and also i would like to learn how to do it myself so that i will know how to do it at a later date because dont forget i have 3 forums that i would like to do... ( race fan 20 ) But what i would like even more so, So that i can learn myself is if, we can talk by phone# i can give you my phone # or you could give me yours its up to you ,your choice ,but if you give me yours i promiss that i would never call you again unless you give me permission at a later to do so ... well heres my email address just in case mylifekd******.com

Comment

1.) race fan20 am going nuts i just dont understand why i cant ever find what am looking for in the Ftp :sorry am a litttle slow when it comes to computers i just touched my first computer in my life 3 months ago so am kind of slow on some computer terms am sayings an whats what,well any way this is a list of every folder in my FTP: (2) _Private (3) _Vti_bin (4) Vti_cnf (5) _Vti_Log (6) _Vti_pvt (7) _Vti_txt (.Cpanel-database store (9) .Fantasticodate (10) .htpasswds (11) .Neomail (12) .Trash (13) etc (14) mail (15) Publish-html/ftp (16) tmp (17) _Vti_adm (1_Vti_aut (19) joomla (20) perl desk (21) phpbb2 (22) temporary (23) _Private (24) Images (25) Incoming (26) Analog (27) Awstats (2 Webalizer (29) WebalizerFtp (30) thats all the little yellow folders that i see on the right side of my Ftp
                      Hi Kad
                      if i am not wrong you are using another ftp client program. if you use BlueFTP which is come with blue voda, you will directly see your public.html and there is your forum/template directory should be.
                      Nyoman

Comment

Originally posted by Nyoman
                        Hi Kad
                        if i am not wrong you are using another ftp client program. if you use BlueFTP which is come with blue voda, you will directly see your public.html and there is your forum/template directory should be.
                        hi, Nyoman yes am using blueFtp and i dont see it at all and this would not be the first time that i tryed to find a folder or file that someone told me to go to in my ftp to up load something to and i couldnt find that one too... i just dont understand why!

Comment

(2) _Private (3) _Vti_bin (4) Vti_cnf (5) _Vti_Log (6) _Vti_pvt (7) _Vti_txt (.Cpanel-database store (9) .Fantasticodate (10) .htpasswds (11) .Neomail (12) .Trash (13) etc (14) mail (15) Publish-html/ftp
                          then open your public.html(15) and see what is in there
                          Nyoman

Comment

Originally posted by Nyoman
                            then open your public.html(15) and see what is in there
                            nothing is there...

Comment

racefan20 am sorry i didnt mean to scare you off ,i know you dont know me i was just saying that would be a grate/nice option... But you dont have to do it, the phone thing , thats clearly up to you, but if not, i hope the first option that you subjested is still on the table... thanks again friend...

Comment

Working...
                              X