Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with redesigning and publishing my pages

Hi:

I have been off the site since January and am just getting back into re-publishing my pages. I finally got the sky background up, but I am having problems publishing my pages. I get the home page and first two pages up, but cannot get the oil paintings and contact info. pages to publish. Then, if i get those two up, I loose my home page and about skye pages! I need help with this and also with the sky and clouds background not appearing in spots like behind my name skyelinARTS and on my contact info page where my e-mail address is. There are big white boxes around the words in these areas... I would appreciate someone walking me through the publishing correctly. I am bleary-eyed and cannot see what i am doing wrong here. Thanks for your help!

Skye
    www.skyelinarts.com
    skye lin ARTS

Re: Help with redesigning and publishing my pages

Ok first for the white spaces right click the problem text boxes, in the properties make sure the back ground is set to automatic. SOme of your links on the various pages are not linked right (wrong names) that could be your problem why you say you keep loosing them. Once you publish a page it will not just vanish, check your file manager in c-pannel and you will see thay are all in your public_html folder. You just have to link to the right ones, IE some of your pages try to link to home.html and that is not your home page name. Also check your about us page you have over lapping text.
    Reguards
    Ed
    www.dsondesigns.com
    www.marseillesyouthsports.com
    www.300hitter.com
    www.bigjk.net
    How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

Thanks... I know that the browser is saying the wrong html, but I can't seem to fix it. I keep going in and changing the pages to the right names, but they seem to reverse back. I will try your suggestion for the white spaces, but I think I am just botching up my website the more I try to work on it! YIPES! Thanks for your help! I need it... Skye

www.skyelinarts.com
      skye lin ARTS

Comment

Can someone PLEASE walk me through this problem step by step? The previous suggestions are not working for me. The text boxes are on automatic, and I know my pages are in the c-panel, but I cannot fix the linking of the pages to the right page names. I do not see the overlapping on the "about skye" page, but people can see it from other computers. Also, the odd thing about the background is that the text box has the word skyelinARTS and skyelin is in black, but the ARTS is in blue... The sky background is fine on the skyelin, but is white on the ARTS. It is all in the same text box marked automatic...

www.skyelinarts.com
        skye lin ARTS

Comment

Delete the text box with the problem text and insert a new one. As for the links not changing once you change the links on each page save it and republish. Changes should be almost immediate but sometimes they take a while if the servers are busy. Also after you make changes and try to view the page on-line hit the F5 button several times to clear you browser cache.
          The over lapping text is where you have the box about violence, there is text showing behind it
          Reguards
          Ed
          www.dsondesigns.com
          www.marseillesyouthsports.com
          www.300hitter.com
          www.bigjk.net
          How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

Can you tell me exactly how to change the link. I know how to save a page and republish it, but I do not know how to be sure I am changing the link. I have been going into the page properties and listing my pages, then verifying the links, then saving the page and republishing them. Also, why can't I see the text behind the logo on the "about skye" page when everyone else can from their computers? Just curious... I will try to delete the text boxes and see if that works... Thanks, Skye

www.skyelinarts.com
            skye lin ARTS

Comment

Thanks!

Your suggestions worked and the white spaces are gone. I redesigned some of the other pages and they are now working fine since they have been resaved. Feel free to jump through my pages and see if it works from your end. I don't understand why other people see it differently than my preview in my browser ie like the overlapping text on the logo. I could not see that at all, from my computer the page looked fine.

Thanks for all your time and help! Skye

www.skyelinarts.com
              skye lin ARTS

Comment

Working...
              X