This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• headers

Just a quick question - how do you get the header title of your web site to be recognised as such in html as it something that google picks up on when crawling your site. At the moment on my site I have my web site title 'Lee Style T'ai Chi Ch'uan as can be seen which I have inserted as an image but it doesn't appear to be recognised as anything in html. I have treid inserting it as font but again this is not regognised as html header. I have gone through all the tutorials and gone through all this forum to find anything on this, to no avail.

Please help - I hope I am making myself clear

many thanks

phooey

www.taichicoventry.co.uk

Re: headers

Serach engine spiders automatically grab the title of your page. The below
    is what they will grab.

<HEAD>
    <TITLE>Tai Chi Coventry </TITLE>
    <META NAME="Generator" CONTENT="Created by BlueVoda">
    <META NAME="Keywords" CONTENT="Tai, Chi, Ch'uan, Qigong, meditation, health, energy, relaxation, cope, coventry, lee style, fitness, courses, classes, class, Tai Chi, Tai Chi Coventry, yoga, teacher, instructor, in,">
    <META NAME="Description" CONTENT="Lee Style Tai Chi Coventry instructor / teacher in Tai Chi, chi kung / qigong in Coventry. For classes and courses see Tai Chi Coventry.">

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thanks for that I understand that. As you can see there is nothing in the <HEAD> element. From what I understand this is something that google also searches for as well as page title. So far I have found nothing in the blue voda package that allows me to fill this in which I deem to be important.

Comment

So far I have found nothing in the blue voda package that allows me to fill this in which I deem to be important.
        What do you want to do?

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

You can do anything you want, do you know what you want?

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Originally posted by phooey
            Thanks for that I understand that. As you can see there is nothing in the <HEAD> element. From what I understand this is something that google also searches for as well as page title. So far I have found nothing in the blue voda package that allows me to fill this in which I deem to be important.
            The "head" is an area of your page html code where information about your page is contained. To have your page title put in the "head" go to Page properties and in Title put your page title there
            Navaldesign
            Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

thanks for your swift replies

what I am getting at is what I have been reading from this website which I believe was a link put up from this forum

http://search.lycos.co.uk/searchFram...%26enc%3Dutf-8

As can be seen it states - keywords in heading H1 - H6, influences all search engines. There is also a title tag which influences search engines. The title tag I assume to be the one you put in when you go to page properties in blue voda and put the title of the page in as navaldesign states. I also assume that this is different to the heading tag. At the moment my website does not have a 'heading tag' that search engines recognise and I am not sure how to generate this via the bluevoda package. It has a title tag as can be seen which is tai chi coventry.

Perhaps I have missed the obvious or I am misunderstanding something.

Comment

hello

so have you given up on me vodahost? or have I found a flaw in your near perfect web site building software?
                You're a real ray of sunshine, aren't you?
                My NASCAR Forum

Comment

thanks for your swift replies

what I am getting at is what I have been reading from this website which I believe was a link put up from this forum

http://search.lycos.co.uk/searchFram...%26enc%3Dutf-8

As can be seen it states - keywords in heading H1 - H6, influences all search engines. There is also a title tag which influences search engines. The title tag I assume to be the one you put in when you go to page properties in blue voda and put the title of the page in as navaldesign states. I also assume that this is different to the heading tag. At the moment my website does not have a 'heading tag' that search engines recognise and I am not sure how to generate this via the bluevoda package. It has a title tag as can be seen which is tai chi coventry.

Perhaps I have missed the obvious or I am misunderstanding something.
                  HTML is not a real programming language, it is for formatting and layout arrangement of the page. It derives from GML, which was a "language" for formatting and layout arrangement of web documents in general.
                  Please note that Hi to H6 are not keywords. They are Headings. Headings are tags that allow for page formatting and layout. The H1 heading results in a text witten in bold, with a bigger size font. H2 in a bold, smaller font text and so on. The meaning of having H1 to H6 is that something you have writen in a H1 tag will result, in the eyes of a search engine, more important than something written in H2 and so on, just as a bold text will result in the eyes of humans more important than other, smaller text in the same page. So the search engine will consider what is written in a H1 tag more rappresentative of your site than what is written in H2, and consider the words written in H1 as keywords relative to your site. Under this view, it would have some meaning, but only in the past, when pages were writen by hand in html editors, without BIG, eyecatching titles . Today most sites use banners, images and BIG titles that would in the past been written in H1 or H2, just to attract attention to a specific part of the page, even though they are not necessarily representative of your site contents. What counts for search engines is Keywords.

In other words, forget about that.
                  Last edited by navaldesign; 02-03-2006, 11:13 AM. Reason: Spelling corrections
                  Navaldesign
                  Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                  Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                  DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                  Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thread Closed

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Working...
                    X