please comment on site rebuild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• please comment on site rebuild

hi martin here.have rebuilt my site and would welcome your comments.
    site is petportraitsbymartinjoyce.com

Re: please comment on site rebuild

Hi Martin,
    A couple of comments:
    - page would load faster if you resize the pictures (they are too big)
    - your 'prices' page needs to be centred and set to 800x600 to avoid sideways scrowlling.
    Keep it up!
    Cheers,
    N Z B R
    t o u r s
    New Zealand Tours
    Excursiones en Nueva Zelanda
    Nova Zelandia Pacotes e Roteiros
    Nouvelle Zelande Voyage
    Neuseeland Reisen

Comment

Great job, Martin. The design looks nice and the portraits a truly wonderful.

Your price page has "Double click to edit " in the top left and behind the text which begins, "Alternatively..."

HalaalPages.com
      FREE Georgia Muslim Directory

Comment

first off your site is good the width of the page is fine at 1000 no need to change. What you do need is 1 more content showing three pictures on the home page and two on the info page is not enough, 2 Your page titles you need strong keywords or phases example for your index page
        PETS PORTRAITS | ANIMAL PORTRAITS you could do this in page properties for the title. A few more meta tags keywords you only have 2 you have pets and portraits you can add photos, original and other keywords found on page in content and do the same with the info page just change up the example of what I said for the index page. those titles will be listed in the directory if you left it as index and untitled will it make sense for the page to be listed that way people will not know what your offering. Your off to a good start. good luck
        sigpicJoe
        Funny Jokes and Redneck Pics

www.anytime-figurines.com

"laughter is the best medicine"
        The most wasted of all days is one without laughter. ~e.e. cummings

Comment

what Joe is trying to relate to you is that your keywords need work...

delete pet, pets, portrait (cause portrait inherently means "human"), portraits, dog....etc.

Instead of pet, pets, portrait, portraits, dog, dogs, cat, cats, horse, horses, gift, memorable gift...(directly copied from view source as your meta keywords)

Instead use "memorable gift"....cause at this moment, as of 11:00 PM CST, 8.31.2008, this is the only keyword in your list that is actually on your page content that will bring "qualified" traffic (people ready to PURCHASE) to your site...the keyword, pet, is wayyy toooo generic to even put in the "meta" keywords.

If you want to use more "keyword phrases" (mind you, phrases)...then add more content.

If it is not in the content of the page, then it is not a true "meta" keyword...and google is very particular about making sure these "match".

Overall the aesthetics of your site are very nice and your product is a good seller...but for your traffic, you need to work on "individual page keyword optimisation"...
          (which is what I am currently working on myself...lol...changed mine from 100/80/80 to 100/100/100 on my main site which is still being constructed and another site that I have still got lots to work on on that one...what a job...I feel your pain)

With the second site, Randy is already getting "blind calls" referred by the "website" of this second site..and all without marketing (not even a contact page done yet or an email address)...just working on the optimisation...amazing what you can do without the "gurus" of "marketing"...

And page titles are your other issue that Joe points out...falls into the optimisation problem...

Remember that page name is not the same as page title. Page name is what you save the page as and what you link to, whereas page title is what you fill in first on the page properties box in BV Builder. But it takes planning to make keywords first in both of these issues, cause names and titles play into the keyword issue as well. (Also, another of my personal issues being worked on...lol...BELIEVE me...I'm with you there...lol...understanding the logic of the issue is the first step...actually making the logic work=real work...cause you also need to keep your pages "talking" to your PAYING visitors...BTW...is the main purpose)

I have to reiterate some golden knowledge, emphasized repeatedly on this forum, BUILD FOR YOUR VISITORS...then, work on and optimize your pages for keywords. And so you know...you do not need a keyword tool to tell you that your content doesn't match your "meta". These tools are for fine tuning your content.

Please keep in mind that I sincerely have your best interests at heart...I have a problem with conveying my messages online...(NO BODY LANGUAGE...to make you know I care). Now I'm showing my age with my ramblings...please forgive and take what works for you and run with it.
          Last edited by karenwms63; 09-01-2008, 05:26 AM. Reason: emphasis
          Karen Williams
          Your Belief is Your Reality

Comment

hi it's martin here again from petportraitsbymartinjoyce.com
            once again,thank you for all your comments,very very helpful.
            halaalpages...can't see "click to edit" on my browser?????
            nzbr...What is "sideways scrolling"???seems to work fine on my browser???
            As for those pesky metatags and titles,i will work on them and let you know.thanks everybody

Comment

Great progress, Martin. I see you've been doing some more work on the site. Highlight the texts on your price page and you should see "Click to Edit" behind the text beginning "Alternatively..." It's there, I just checked.
              HalaalPages.com
              FREE Georgia Muslim Directory

Comment

wow very nice site very clean smalll easy to navigate congratulations its very nice work.....
                sigpic
                Live and Let live
                www.lowbudgetsmediaadvertising.com
                www.discoverpopotla.com
                www.villadeflorencia.com
                www.rusticosalvarez.com

Comment

Working...
                X