• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accessing blog from C-panel

Hi all,
    I hope everyone is doing well.
    A quick question, if I may:
    I'm starting a blog on BlueVoda www.blogcash4u.com.
    I'm having trouble accessing my blog through C-panel.
    I can access my other websites fine but not the blog.
    My client ID is 21790
    Thanks.
    Jerryl

Re: Accessing blog from C-panel

Me again,
    I guess you can access your dashboard by just going to your blog online,
    and clicking on the Admin. link.
    Can anyone tell me if I should update the version of Wordpress as I'm being prompted to do at the top of my dashboard?
    I haven't put in any content at all yet, so it won't affect anything right?
    Thanks for your response,
    Jerryl

Comment

Yes.. you should update it.; Long as you do it correctly shouldnt be a problem.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thanks Karen Mac,
        I've looked into updating Wordpress and it looks like I could open a can of worms (if you know what I mean).
        Since I have just started my blog, (no content at all), can I just delete it
        upload the upgrade to BlueVoda through C-panel to Fantastico and get a new blog going?
        Would that be easiest?
        Why isn't the new version available to new blogs already? It would seem like Fantastico would download new versions as they come available.
        I know you probably don't have all the answers, but I just thought I would put the questions out there to see if anyone would know.
        I have a Blogger blog www.cashblog-n.com and a Wordpress.com blog
        www.ebizinfosite.com and both were very easy to set up and use. It looks as though a hosted blog is going to take alot more tech skills?
        Anyway thank all of you for your help I really do appreciate it!
        Jerryl

Comment

Jer..

LOL.. if i didnt know better youd ALMOST have me convinced.. but NO.. BV wont upgrade to anything when it comes to wordpress. You would have to DOWNLOAD the latest version and configure a couple of files and upload it .. then run the install. Really NOT difficult once you sit down and figure it out. Updating is pretty much the same.. you download the update put your info in the config file.. upload to the server and run the command line in the browser window and it upgrades.

The only way to get the new version in cpanel is if vodahost updates it on their end.. and they do a pretty good job.. but lots of times there are updates faster than they can update and keep everything else going.

Any time you buy hosting and do your own websites.. blogs.. whatever, YOU ARE the tech guy. If you buy managed hosting, where they do everything for you but write your content.. you PAY for that. So.. You learn to do what you need to do. Once you take the time to learn a few skills.. you wont ever use anything else.

***one more thing.. you should talk to wordpress about including an AUTO UPDATER in their software so you just press an icon in the admin area and it updates

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thanks again Karen,
            Makes sense, and I am becoming somewhat of a tech guy. LOL
            I was hoping to start blogging in an hour like they always seem to say you can, but alas, more tech things I'm going to have to master.
            I guess I shouldn't complain, seeing how I really didn't have any computer skills just a few short months ago, and now I'm creating Internet Real Estate
            (I mean blogs and websites and stuff like that).
            Anyway thanks for your help,
            Jerryl

Comment

Working...
            X