login?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• login?

Hey I am just wanting a little help adding a login to my page for clients to have a private gallery they have access to. Each clients gallery will be different. I know how to password protect the galleries, but i am unsure how to create the login "form"? in bluevoda to get it open up each members individual private page when they enter in there login username and password? here is my login page at the moment and i have used a form however i cant get it to work.? Am i using the wrong tool or have i missed something? Thank you in advance for any help!

Re: login?

You do not create a login "Form" ... it is an automatically presented Windows function. See for yourself by testing this link to my "protected" Sales Area.

No need to do anything on your part other than preface on your page either the process, requirements, or other procedures in a way that that make sense to anyone attempting to advance on your site (besides, you need to 'present' the link somewhere)! As you can see from this originating webpage, I merely provide a logon icon, as Authorized Users already know the game and how to "regain" lost logons (they have been trained, or in your case may make it part of your "Agreement" -- the Policies and Procedures, that is). Slick page you made, but you could morph it into a logon or other if you like!
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

What about log out?

Comment

Claire,

I have made a site for a photographer client who has the same thing as what you are trying to achieve. I presume you want each of your clients to visit their own gallery using a password.

What you have to do is create not just one folder but a folder for each client.

So for example, you take photos for a couple called Anne and Ian

make a folder and call it 'annandian'

Password protect that with a username and password for that couple.

Then publish their gallery page to: public_html/annandian

Then when anyone trys to look at that page, only Ann and Ian can get in.

This is the way I set my client's up.

The other thing I did is not only give each folder a unique password, I also added the username 'admin' with the same password to each folder, that way, not only Ann and Ian can get in, but You can get in to each page using the same username and password and you wont have to keep looking them up all the time for each client gallery.

I also dont see why you need a log-out? Once the client has looked at their photos they will close the site down. Their cookies will allow them to relook at their gallery without logging back in unless they clear their cache.

Hope this helps.

How I did it.
        Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

how to password protect a folder.....

Comment

Watch the video tutorial and all should become clear..............

Note : it is considered to be impolite to butt in on another members question or thread...............please open a new thread and ask away.
            Have fun
            Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
            Newbies / Beginners Forum
            FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
            My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
            Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

am sorry Genaral....will take care of this next time... :)

Comment

No problem.............that was just a friendly note.
                Have fun
                Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
                Newbies / Beginners Forum
                FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
                My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
                Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Working...
                X