Need Help Urgently on Publishing Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help Urgently on Publishing Issue

I've read so many publishing issues, it concerns me. I have one tonight. I updated my webpage after discovering 2 links were completely incorrect. My domain points from another registrar to Vodahost with no issues around that.

I save the updated page, previewed the updated page and all was correct; clicked publish, the correct IP address dropped down, I checked it; then entered my user and password. Presto, it said it had published BUT and here's the BIG but, when I put the website url in the tool bar to test it and view the site, it was an old version.!

I published 3 times and always the old version came up. I did nothing different.
    This is not good, given that I needed to update 2 links that had not been working.
    Would somebody please tell me what it could be and offer a solution?

Re: Need Help Urgently on Publishing Issue

Hi, very hard to say without knowing what the difference was between the pages. But it sounds like its just a cache problem. Go to the page in your browser & try hitting F5 many times to clear it.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Thanks, I ran CC cleaner. it did resolve but can't understand what problem was.

Comment

Hi Christine. Please don't see this is as a problem (We all experience it). It's your computers way of saying I've visited this page before and displays it to you from its memory. By hitting F5 a few times you are simply telling your computer to look for the newest version of this page.

Regards

Darren

Comment

Working...
        X