All Critique Welcome!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All Critique Welcome!

Ive been here for a few months now. Although Ive changed a few things with my site its basically the same. BUT I need other points of view/good and bad/dont be shy to critique/honesty is a necessary thing for improvement!
    you can either post here or email me.
    http://www.kateart-cards.com

Re: All Critique Welcome!

Hi Kate!

I love the colors on your site, and the photos are beautiful!

I guess the only thing I would suggest, is maybe doing something with the header section on your photography page... something to make it "pop", ya know? And it may not hurt to add more navigational buttons there as well, so people can see what your site has to offer and spend more time browsing through it.

On the home page, I did notice that your Vermont Photographers box overlapped some text above it. It could just be the way it loaded in my browser, but I thought I would mention it.

Anyhoo, great job, and good luck! :)

Kellie
    Kellie

Cozy Cabin Candles and Crafts
    http://www.ccabincandles.com

Comment

Hey Kellie!
      Thank you for the kind words!
      Im not quite sure what you mean by "pop"...tho...Im quite dense...lol..gotta spell things out for me!...
      good idea with the nav- Ill work on that.
      Im also not sure exactly where you mean as I dont see anything. but that doesnt mean that its not there!..
      do you mean the the Lyndonville, Vermont Photographers section ?
      Thank you for the critique!
      I took a look at your site and you have done a wonderful job on it...lol..but I also see on my browser that words are overlapping...like with your title - I see the last word as a second line below the title.
      thanx again!
      kate

Comment

Hiya Kate!

By "pop" I guess I mean something that makes it more eye catching... maybe make the page title a marquee and let it scroll, or add some clipart or something? You don't want anything to take away from your photos, but it can't hurt to make the entire page more visually "interesting", ya know?

On my browser, what I saw overlapping on the home page was a box overlapping some text... it was towards the bottom of the page, and I believe it said something about Vermont Photographers. The text was between that box, and the one above it, but I can't tell ya what the text said since I couldn't read it, just saw the top parts of the letters. lol

Thank you for the compliment on my site, and thank you for the heads up on the title! Everything loads ok on my browser, but I'll have to look into making it load well for all browsers, and not just mine! :)

I hope my comments have helped... you really are doing a wonderful job. Keep up the good work! :)

Kellie
        Kellie

Comment

Hi Kate,

Nice site...really like the About us page.

Only thing I suggest is your navigation down the left hand side is very congested. And maybe put the "Welcome to Vermont" banner across the whole front page.

The KateArt button is overlapping some of the text too.

Looks good

Comment

Hi Kate,

Its lovely! i want to live there! lol ....gorgeous... your lucky to live in such a lovely place, ...only thing i could see that could be a bit off, was the scrolling you have a blank space at the right of the screen....wich makes you have to scroll sideways to much .....i dont know much but i was told to set my pages to 800 x 600 ......hope that helps .....i'm going back for another look n have a little daydream ...sighs

Linda
            Click the link below for page guidelines (no more sideways scroll)

http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/sho...eferrerid=5490

How to Center your page
            http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/blu...tml#post124746

Comment

First off thank you all! I have found much help in this post.
              First off Im curious of which browsers you all are using?
              Im using two mostly and those are aol and Internet Explorer/thru those everything seemed ok..since Ive read this thread ive opened my site on Netscape and did see issues that I ..lol..think ive resolved...Im hoping you all will let me know! :)
              Now for pops...lol..Im not a real good popper...more of a pooper...lol
              BUT I did give it a try and would like to know of what you think...I fear I went too far with the popping! :)
              Linda - I found your from the UK...common' darlin'! Thank you so much for the compliments but now we are in a grass is always greener situation! The lands across the pond are just as wonderful as Vermont..but then again I guess I live in "new" england/so why wouldnt it be just as lovely as your home! :))
              Thank you all again for the help,

Comment

Hiya Kate,

I love the new header! Great job and good luck with your site! :)

Kellie
                Kellie

Comment

Hi Kate,
                  Firstly the site is very soothing and the images are just awesome,best of luck and keep it up.
                  regards
                  Jay
                  www.orlandomouseworld.com

Comment

Thanx Jay -
                    Thats what I was trying for. A place to sit and have a warm cup and relax....and hopefully become attached to one of the photos. Ive had a couple ask if there was a way to shut off the music...I emailed them back and kindly said..turn off your volume...lol
                    I took a peek/see at your site and youve done quite a professional job!
                    One critique - where its says currency converter the scroll is overlapping on aol browser. I found thru this thread that Ive had to check my site in different browsers as it comes up different. While using IE and AOL my site was perfectly inline - going over to Netscape browser it was overlapping and other issues -
                    All the best,

Comment

Thanx Kellie! I did my best to pop!...lol
                      Dave-Rhg - I took your advice with the new banner...I like that. thank you!..I agree with the congestion - Im not quite sure what to do with that yet/Ive been thinking about it for quite some time now - Ill figure out something cleaner!
                      thanx again-

Comment

Working...
                      X