Updating Published Page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Updating Published Page

With a lot of help from the forum, I was successful in designing and publishing a site and a sub-domain site. IUnitially, I made numerous successful changes to the pages. It has been 6 months since I changed either site and now I need to make changes and I am unable to do so. It seems I have forgotten and didn't keep good records to prompt me to know the folder names of each published page. I have gone to CPanel and copied the url's for the pages but when I attempt to publish I get the following error message - "Error:550 Can't change directory to xxxxxx. No such file or directory. "

When I was doing this regularily it was simple now that I have slept a time or two it is all foreign. Help.

JAFMER

Re: Updating Published Page

Are you publishing to public_html/yoursubdomainfolder/
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Chris:

Actually I am trying to update a page in the primary domain. Among the direcory folder names I have tried is [ public_http/www.synergysolutions-tx.com/services ] without the brackets of course. My registered primary domain name per the notification from Vodahost is synergysolutioins-tx.com . One of the page names is [ services ]. I have tried the folder id both with the www. inserted and without and get the same results.

Added thoughts?

JAFMER

Comment

Hi, to update a page on your main & 1st site, you would just publish to public_html/
        If you are publishing to an ad don domain it will be public_html/synergysolutions-tx/
        I believe that someone mentioned that in the new cpanels, you publish to public_html/synergysolutions-tx.com/ but am not sure on this part as i am on the old cpanel.
        Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Chris:

Thanks for the help, but none of the directory names change the result. I still get the sme error message. I presume that I am on the old version of BV. Anybody else have a suggestion as to what I am doing wrong and/or not doing?

JAFMER

Comment

Strange! i am getting a popup asking for a password & a note saying.

A user name and password are being requested by http://synergysolutions-tx.com. The site says: "Bummer12"
            Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

HI,

Quote:One of the page names is [ services ]

If I understoond what you are trying to tell us. you should be publishing to:

"public_html/www.synergysolutions-tx.com/" only which should resolve the issue of a non existant directory.
              www.siapamoyanganda.com/
              Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
              State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Working...
              X