Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would love some feedback

Hello all,
    I would love some feed back and critique on my new website.my store is not functional yet as i am still fine tuning things. I added an information box to the pharmaceutical menu,but I am not quite sure if it is right, any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    TIA
    Diane
    www.panachegourmetcatering.com

Re: Would love some feedback

Hi Diane,

I love it.......The design - the colours - the photos - the concept - everything visual...........It is fresh, clean, contemporary. It is fabulous.

I don't have the skill to help with the technical stuff but a couple of things that you may want to look at.

Spelling...Weather is for the climate...Whether is for Whether or not. You have it in two places but sorry I did not note the pages down. Just a little bit more work on the editing I noticed a few grammer mistakes. Your design and concept is so polished IMO your content needs to be as polished.

You do not have a home button on your contact page...It is considered good practise to have a home button on every page....It is also cosidered best to have all of your navigation buttons one every page......(I didn't though) I understand the reasoning.....I went to click back to a page and you had a different button in that spot..

Buttons again..'How it works' has larger text than the other buttons and I think that one or two buttons has smaller text.

Contact page....The Yellow side bit shows code instead of plain yellow and the first time I hit the contact button I had a whole page of code before your contact form came up........Your form text overlaps the blue address box just a little...I am viewing in IE

There will be other comments to help with the page titles and technical stuff and although I have learnt al lot from so many on this forum I don't think I am informed enough to comment on that sort of stuff yet

Good luck with all the tweaking. It will be worth it your site is fabulous already so after more tweaking and polishing I think there will be more superlatives
    Sandra

Comment

Thanks for the input Sandra! I am constantly working on the site. I agree with you on the verbage, It is my weakness I wish I could find someone to help me, as you must have noticed alot of the pages just have titles with no discriptions it's because I draw a blank.

I am also trying to find the perfect logo to go with my site, I kind of just stuck that in there to determine the space.

I will fix the spelling and font size asap. I am also wondering when you do a goggle search and it list all the listings. what determines the title listed.

Sandra thank you again. this is a first for me so your opinion and feedback is invalueble to me.

Diane

Comment

Hi Diane

I've just had a quick look at your site. I really like the choice of colours and un-cluttered design. Its easy to navigate & easy on the eye.

I have noticed that on a few of your pages (at the top) the text overlaps on each other.

You can check your meta tags & key words on the below website for free. This will allow your site to be more bot friendly, and also allow your site to be indexed by search engines.

www.psnutrition.co.uk
        Nutrition & Weight Management Spe******ts

Comment

Diane, nice site. I agree with all the tohers as far as the layout, colors flow. You have several untitled pages, a lot of over lapping text in IE, once in the subpages for catering (as far as I went) when you go into a specific area (via the buttons) you can not navagate to the others. You should have those round butons in all those pages as well. Or come up with a standard navagation bar throughout the entire site. Good site so far though, keep working on it.
          Reguards
          Ed
          www.dsondesigns.com
          www.marseillesyouthsports.com
          www.300hitter.com
          www.bigjk.net
          How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

Hi Diane,
            Nice and clean site.
            On your 'catering' page I would add more content. You give people 5 options: weddings,etc.. Why not writing something on the space you have just under the links? Something like: We can organize your party (or event)....please see the above links....etc...etc.. using some important key words related to your business. Good luck!

Cheers,
            N Z B R
            t o u r s
            New Zealand Tours
            Excursiones en Nueva Zelanda
            Nova Zelandia Pacotes e Roteiros
            Nouvelle Zelande Voyage
            Neuseeland Reisen

Comment

Good start..
              Now the fun work comes... You need to name your pages, as this is what comes up on the browser tab on top. your home page name should have words that pertain to your site, like catering, food, meals. That's what the SE's will be looking at.
              Dito on what's already been said. Good Luck!!
              Mike

Any excuse for non performance only weakens the charactor

In God We Trust

Comment

Looked neat and clean. Links at the bottom of the page didn't work. The page title needs to have keywords in the title like for your homepage something like: Panache' Gourmet Catering. All pages need to be named where you use keywords from what is in the body of the page. This will help search engines find you easier.

When I clicked your prepared meals link I clicked BBQ / Clambakes and thought the menus were a bit small and hard to read. You might prepare a menu in a pdf file and make it for a free download after they fill in your form. Remember, forms are php files not html so your contact page should be something like Contact Panache' Gourmet Catering.php Review the video tutorials on forms at http://www.vodahost.com/tut_bluevoda.htm

On the contact us page your code is showing. Overall, it is looking good just needs some polish. Nice job.

Comment

Wow! thanks for all the responces and advice.Now the hard work begins, Victory1 and SA Man. I am new to all this when you say name my pages exactly where do I do that? I don't want to sound dumb but I havent got a clue. How do I fix the code showing on my contact page.and also when i view my pages online I am not seeing the overlapping of words so Im not sure how to fix what I cant see.

Thank you all again
                  Diane

Comment

Panache'
                    To name your pages: When you open Blue Voda (the program you get free for having Voda Host) open the page you are working on and right click some where off your work area and a window pops up that allows you to name your page (use keywords from your text and pick popular keywords check google trends see http://www.google.com/trends/hottrends for a list and enter your keywords to see how they do. In the pop up window in Blue Voda you can also change to color of your browser scroll bars.
                    Glad to help.

Comment

Thanks Victory1. I am still having troublr with my code showing on my contact page. does anyone have a suggeston they may fix this glich. any help would be greatly appriciated.
                      TIA
                      Panache

Comment

Working...
                      X