Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to use the same navigation bar on all the webpages of website ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to use the same navigation bar on all the webpages of website ?

Hi friends !

I have just subscribed VodaHost and my domain name is www.kierwanda.com.

For my website, I want to use drop-down navigation bar for fast navigation in sections and subsections. I found that VodaHost provide this feature and I used it. I set the text color, background color, mouse over text color and mouse over background. I also made sections and their subsections.

Now, I want the same navigation bar (and banner of my institute also) to appear on all the web pages of my website. (As these are the common things that all the webpages will have). But I didn't find any option to use the navigation bar as a template.

Will I have to copy and paste the same navigation bar on all the pages (let's say 50 to 60 pages, I will have). It will be very tiresome and tedious job to do.

And also if I make even a minor change in the navigation bar then I will have to change it in all 50-60 pages.

What should I do ? Please help me in this regard.

Regards,

Hemant

Re: How to use the same navigation bar on all the webpages of website ?

Hi Hemant

This is the thread you need to look at

Regards

Darren

Comment

Make sure that you read the last few posts as well as a major change was made.
      Have fun
      Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
      Newbies / Beginners Forum
      FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
      My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
      Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Darren and David !

Thanks for your kind support. Well, I went through the steps you provided to create menu.php (for navigation bar) that can be used with all the webpages and whenever a change is required, only that file needs to be changed.

But...I am still getting some problem. You see, I created three .php files (resolution of webpages: 1024 x 768 ) just to test this technique:

1. menu.php
        2. index.php (For My Home Page)
        3. contactus.php (For Contact Details)

Now, when I published these pages on the site, what I see that navigation bar in index.php and contactus.php has come down on the webpage and are almost in the middle of the webpages.

When I see the preview of these pages (menu.php index.php and contactus.php) in BlueVoda, I find that the navigation bar is set only 140 pixels down from the top edge of webpage working area.

Please tell me what may be the cause of this disorientation of navigation bar.

Regards,

Hemant

Comment

please provide a website address/url...............
          Have fun
          Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
          Newbies / Beginners Forum
          FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
          My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
          Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Thanks for your reply...

Here is my website address:
            http://www.kierwanda.com (Home page that uses index.php)
            http://www.kierwanda.com/contactus.php (Contact information that uses contactus.php)

I did not put graphics, text, lightbox or any other object on these pages. Because right now I just want to see how the menu.php will embedded with these pages providing common navigation bar.

For your kind informatin, navigation bar is working well. When I make change in menu.php, it reflects in index.php as well as in contactus.php.

The only problem is the disorientation of the web page. Is it because I have no other objects on these two pages !!!!!

Regards,

Hemant

Comment

Working...
            X