Hyperlinking pages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hyperlinking pages

Hi, I just published this morning and I am thrilled to see my first page, but I guess I am missing something on the hyperlinking. I tried to link another of my pages to the main page and I get taken to Digitaltown??? What is going on? Any help is appreciated. Where do I include my domain name and Account ID? Should it be in this message?

Re: Hyperlinking pages

Just include your domain name here and we can take a look.......and check your link....thats usually the problem.
    Have fun
    Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
    Newbies / Beginners Forum
    FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
    My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
    Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Ok, my domain name is litchfieldcowboyclub.com. I have another page I would like to add titled about us. I have configured the button on the main page as shown in the video, but it takes me to Digitaltown???

Comment

This should be your link to the about us page. http://www.litchfieldcowboyclub.com/about_us.html
        All of your links are incorrect, most you have linked to index. Follw the above format for the rest of your pages.
        Reguards
        Ed
        www.dsondesigns.com
        www.marseillesyouthsports.com
        www.300hitter.com
        www.bigjk.net
        How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

ok, I went in and changed all of the links as you show. I still get taken to Digitaltown. Obviously I still am missing something. Did you see anything else wrong?

Comment

I'm not seeing any changes, did you save the pages after you changed the links before you published? Just to clarify double click the button in question and change the link, you can simply copy and paste the one I posted above to make sure there are no mistakes. Also you need to add the buttons to the about us page to navagate back (have all the buttons on every page in the same spot, same order).
            Reguards
            Ed
            www.dsondesigns.com
            www.marseillesyouthsports.com
            www.300hitter.com
            www.bigjk.net
            How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

ok, am I understanding that I need to republish the page after I make the change? I didn't realize that. I did not republish. That could be my problem. I will try that.

Comment

O my gosh, it worked! Thank you so much. I can finish the rest of my links at my leisure now. I have another question. Down the left side of my opening page is a blank border. How do I get rid of that? I wanted the picture to fill the screen.

Comment

When you built your site it looks like you didn't make it from as far to the left of the screen as you can.

My advise would be to open each page and theh hit 'ctrl' and A at the same time to highlight every object and text. Then using your arrow keys move everything as far to the left as you can.

Make sure your page width in your page properties is the same as the width of your pages. Then in page properties also tick the box that says 'centre in browser'

You also need to redo every link on your navigation. You have set them all to open in a new browser window which is extremely annoying and most if not all your visitors will NOT look at your website for long.

Bring up the link properties for each link and change the target to 'open in the same window'
                  Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

P.S. You won't get your site to fit the whole screen as all screens are different sizes. But doing what I said above will mean it will sit evenly in the middle of everyone's screen, no matter what size screen they have.
                    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Thanks again. I will do all that.

Comment

Oops, I got ahead of myself. Where do I go for the link properties? Is that where I choose "self" instead of "blank"?

Comment

Originally posted by Miss Weev View Post
                          Oops, I got ahead of myself. Where do I go for the link properties? Is that where I choose "self" instead of "blank"?
                          Yes sorry, where you chose 'self' just remove that word. don't put blank or anything else, just leave this field empty.

Let me explain a good use for this though. If for example you had a link to someone elses website, THEN you can make the field _blank. This will then open their site up in a new browser, leaving yours still underneath.

Comment

Thank you. That makes sense. I will go back and leave that field blank on all my current links.

Comment

Originally posted by Miss Weev View Post
                              Thank you. That makes sense. I will go back and leave that field blank on all my current links.
                              You're welcome

Comment

Working...
                              X