Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• adding another site

www.submarinepainter.com

Back in May, Vodahost offered buying another site. I purchased this, thinking I would make a website for my old mentor's paintings. I named it www.schwarzfinearts.com. I didn't just buy the domain name, I wanted a separate site. I have finally gotten around to putting it together but I don't know how to do this. It is not an add-on domain to the original site, is it? It is it's own site like when I purchased the first one. If I go into Vodahost, it is my login, my password for the first website. Where do I create the second site? If I put a folder for that one with my original pages, it won't be it's own site. As you can tell by my questions, I don't know what I am doing. Please enlighten me. I did receive information when I purchased the second site. Where do I start? Thanks.

Re: adding another site

well if you received separate login information when you got the second site all you have to do is make the website and use the proper login information for the 2nd site. to me it sounds like you got only the name and you would use that name as an add on.
    let us know what happens
    mrmagoo144
    www.videopostcards.info

Comment

www.submarinepaintings.com
      www.schwarzfinearts.com

I went back into the emails Vodahost sent me. Separate from my first site, I paid 19.95 for the 2nd domain name and 95.40 for a year(and used a coupon which was the promotion). This has to be it's own site. I have a domain name and separate control panel login URL from the first site. I understand what you said about creating the second site. Where do I create it? When I go into BlueVoda, I am at the same place I developed the first site. If I make a new folder for the second site that is an add-on domain, not a site of it's own. Do I download BlueVoda again and have two icons on my desktop, one for each site? I am sure it is simple and I am not getting it.

Comment

Create a different directory on YOUR COMPUTER

open BV (1 copy only required)

create another index page and save it to your 2nd site folder on your computer.

publish this 2nd index page to:

(change the publish dropdown box (3 boxes) to the info you received for your 2nd site)...........that part is important

public_html/nameofyouraddon2ndsite.com

All the above assumes that you have already added this 2nd site as an addon in your Cpanel..................

any more questions or doubts...........post again.
        Have fun
        Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
        Newbies / Beginners Forum
        FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
        My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
        Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Thank you for replying. I do have two separate accounts. The second site is not an add-on. I went into the control panel by using the information given in the welcome email and went into File Manager and uploaded the 2nd site's file folder containing the index page and a few other pages I had started. I then tried to publish the index page. I put the correct info in the drop down menu, the username and the password for the 2nd site. I have the public_html/ like the tutorial says. However, the drop down menu does not contain the IP address choice for the IP I was given in the email. If I try to publish it with the address that is there now, it will not publish. Any ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by subpainter View Post

Thank you for replying. I do have two separate accounts. The second site is not an add-on. I went into the control panel by using the information given in the welcome email and went into File Manager and uploaded the 2nd site's file folder containing the index page and a few other pages I had started. I then tried to publish the index page. I put the correct info in the drop down menu, the username and the password for the 2nd site. I have the public_html/ like the tutorial says. However, the drop down menu does not contain the IP address choice for the IP I was given in the email. If I try to publish it with the address that is there now, it will not publish. Any ideas?
            Hi

If you download the latest Bluevoda Web Builder, it will include all the current IP Addresses.

Regards

Darren

Comment

You can get it from this link

Comment

One of the many excellent benefits of hosting with Vodahost is that you do NOT need to buy seperate accounts every time you have a new website? You should have just added it as an addon, they are still seen as two completely seperate websites.
                Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Well, I've been at it for quite awhile. With gratitude of everyone's input, I finally got it. Yes, Ramsey, I wondered why I signed up for a full account and I thought... did I not understand what I was doing? Then I remembered! I thought if I made him a website, he might want to eventually take it over for himself! The man is in his 80's, and computers are not his thing but he always asks about having a site. What was I thinking? Also, I didn't want the two sites connected because he likes to paint and sculpt naked women, a true arteest. I'm painting HY80 (steel). Anyway, I did download BV 10.12, thank you Darren, and it worked flawlessly. I published the index page using the other username and passwords to see if it worked and it is up on the net. So, once again, it is never BV. When I wonder where the problem lies I go look in the mirror! Thank you, Laura
                  Last edited by ross-lau; 09-12-2008, 07:06 PM. Reason: spelled incorrectly

Comment

Originally posted by subpainter View Post
                    So, once again, it is never BV. When I wonder where the problem lies I go look in the mirror! Thank you, Laura
                    No kidding, that is what I have come to realize.

I think my mirror is getting tired of seeing me.

Glad you got it, I was having the same issue not to awful long ago (thanks LadyEye). I am struggling getting to my cpanel for second site.
                    Craig

http://lesleinlawn.com/
                    http://turftopics.com

Comment

Hey Craig .. yw .. and check ur other thread too, raganok has advised you what you need to do for your cpanel .. u might already have this sorted.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                      02036089024 / United Kingdom
                      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

www.schwarzfinearts.com

Sorry to bother you all again. My friend says he cannot open the link I sent to this site on the net. I have had no trouble. BUT he is using Firefox. Could anyone with Mozilla see if this opens? Thank you. L

Comment

Works for me in FF. Your links are incorrect/unfinished.
                          CarbonTerry
                          Semper Fi
                          Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
                          Zone 5 Photo
                          My USMC

Comment

Thank you for taking the time to look. The artist I am doing this for says he can not open this site or my site and he told me he has Firefox, thus the request. I don't know what the problem could be. I have given him the URL, I have emailed a link, he tried to Google the site and when he clicks on the site, he gets the not available message.

I only published the index page and haven't created the other pages yet. I am trying to figure out lightbox because there will be about 50 paintings to start with on the site.

As always, much appreciated,
                            Laura

Comment

The problem is on his end, obviously. Suggest he clean out his browser cache, and alternately try using IE (which is on his system already).

Be sure you are not violating VodaHost Policies/Terms of Service by hosting this site as if it was your own....every domain associated within your personal account must be owned by you, and every site published within your personal account must be yours, lest you be in violation of "reselling or hosting by proxy"!
                              . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                              * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
                              X