Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• publishing links within a sub-page

Hello,

I purchased BlueVoda some months back and have been telling everyone that asks me about website builders about it since I created my site with it. One of my friends has recently bought it also. She does not come to the forum much because she has a hard time figuring out what topic to look under for her question or answer, so she comes to me instead. Recently, she asked me a question pertaining to adding pages within the subpages of the site.

She is trying to build a jewelry site and the links are necklaces, brackelets, etc. Some of these have extra pages, like page 1, 2, 3, 4, etc. It is the 1, 2, 3, 4 part she is having problems with.

I instructed her to go into the cpanel and to create a folder for bracelets, which is the link she is working on now, and then to publish to public_html/bracelets. I also instructed her to make sure she is in the web root when she adds the folder.

And just to be sure that we weren't naming it wrong, I instructed her to change the name of the page from 2 to "two".

Still, she keeps getting an error 550 message when she tries to publish... is there something that I have told her incorrectly or have neglected to tell her?
    Dawnee

Re: publishing links within a sub-page

error message: "550 permission denied or 550 access denied".

publish to public_html/bracelets
    is correct as long as the folder "bracelets"
    has been created (on the website) and that the spelling is correct..........

also check that the details are all correct in the publish dropdown box.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    Using the above info, the link to page
    two
    would be: http://websitename.xxx/bracelets/two.html
    Have fun
    Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
    Newbies / Beginners Forum
    FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
    My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
    Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

yes, ty.. thats what i've been telling her too... just wanted to make sure that i wasn't missing something.

her site is http://www.josetteboutique.com and we in the process of linking all the pages together yet...

she had it on another domain, but later she got this builder because it was better so likewise bought the domain for it.. and now is in the process of transferring everything over
      Dawnee

Comment

Dawnee, not sure of the purpose of creating the bracelets folder??
        Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

because she is publishing pages attached to her bracelets page... so the folder is to keep them all in one place, so to speak, so taht when it publishes "page 1" and "page 2" ... it pulls up "page 1" for bracelets and not "page 1" for necklaces.
          Dawnee

Comment

Hi Dawnee

I really don't think you need to go to your CPanel for this as there is a and easier way to organise your products on your PC in the BV folder.

When you save a page in BV you can create a folder and save it is typically as the website name (which you may have done?). Then typically all your general pages like index, about us, contact us and so on can be saved here. If however you you have different product groups and want to keep them organised, save them to a new folder within that other folder.

So when you open BV, and open the website folder, you will see another bunch of folders, perhaps braclets, necklaces, rings, whatever.

Hope this helps

Darren

Comment

Working...
            X