Your Opinion is Much Sought After

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your Opinion is Much Sought After

Well I am sure I posted a request for a site review this morning but I cannot find it and according to my log in, I havent been logged in since July and that definitely isnt this morning! So I really dont know what has happened! If anybody and everybody has a moment I would appreciate a review of www.naturesnaturalbeauty.com as it is coming up to its first birthday and I thought some fine tuning with you guys advice would be a fitting birthday present. So here's hoping for some good reviews but always open minded to some good solid criticsm and suggestions for improvement.

Thanks in anticipation

Liz

Re: Your Opinion is Much Sought After

Hi Liz

I've just had a quick look at your site. From first impressions, its well laid out & easy to navigate. The only thing (in my opinion) which lets it down slightly are the pictures that you have of the products.

I think they would look better if they were formatted and displayed slightly differently. Perhaps if you gave them more of a background, rather than cropping them so tightly to the product.

You could even have a white box in that section (with rounded corners) and the pictures displayed in that box so it gives it more of a background.

Anyway, just my thoughts, otherwise a nice and well laid out site.
    www.psnutrition.co.uk
    Nutrition & Weight Management Spe******ts

Comment

Hi Liz,
      I like the colours and look of your sight. I also like the menu being on the right hand side. I often think that it would be more comfortable than the more common left hand side. The only problem I see with it being there is the market research which is suggesting that the right top of a web site is the best spot to use for whatever you wish prospective clients to do. Buy I guess, for most of us.
      Was interested in the product too so did quite a bit of reading. On your home page where you say prospects can ring you for help you have left the d off of 'pleased to help.'
      One other suggestion you have a link to Ynot natural, and it takes you away from your site. I think it would be better if you had that link to a separate page so that when you left that site yours would still be open.
      Congrats on the fisrt birthday
      Sandra

Comment

Hi Liz, Nice Site.
        IMO, (if you want to fine tune) here is what I would do.
        1. re-take pictures of the products and re-size to 600x450, and then place in lightbox so they will enlarge when clicked upon. I realize you have them in lightbox now, but they are not any larger when clicked.
        2. Place pics on white so that the product will show. It will look more
        professional.

I really like your header and footer.... however I think that your links to "Austraila Made", "Not tested on Animals" etc. need to be moved down and again, against white, so they will not show as "little boxes"

Again, "just my opinion", I am sure others will have different ideas.
        Good luck with your site and wonderful product!
        P V WebSolutions

Comment

Hi Sandra and Rangaz007,

Thanks for taking the time to review the site. I have added the missing d Sandra and also inserted a target blank to the Y-Not link so that was easy to rectify and improve. Thinking about the top right of a page I am not sure what to place their to improve the site, maybe the shopping basket should be there or maybe a special offer, what do you think?

I agree with you regarding the pictures I have constantly thought they let the site down, the pictures supplied by the manufacturer are all over the place size wise perspective etc and I have had tried loads of times to improve and make them more uniform but I do not seem to be approaching the job in the best manner - any advice on this aspect would be much appreciated.

Thanks again for taking the time to look and drop a reply.

Regards

Liz

Comment

Goldpaw

Many thanks for your input as well. I do not really understand the lightbox thing and how to improve it so am open to any suggestions for improvement of the pictures and them magnifying that you can give me. I had just posted my other reply as your opinion was posted, so I hadn't intentionally left you out.
            Had a look at your sites and am particluarly impressed with the casa site - my kind of colours!!!

Regards

Liz

Comment

Hola Liz! and Gracias del Mundo! (World of Thanks) for the kudos on Casa de las Prismas. Yes, Orange is the owners favorite color so tried to accommodate her.
              o.k..... LIGHTBOX.. when you place pics on the site via LIGHTBOX it is cool because the internet viewer can click to enlarge and see the product much larger. Problem is the pics should be approx 450x600. If I remember correctly when I clicked on your pics they were 80X120 which is pretty small. Try dowloading the "pix-resizer" free from BV. It is a great little tool for getting the correct size for websites. Then when you put the pics that are 450x600 in the lightbox you can make them appear small, but will be great view when clicked upon. If you are using your own camera, try putting it on the 450X600 from the get-go as it might save you some time latter on. If you cannot find the link to download the "pix-resizer" let me know and I will dig up the link! Feel free to ask ??? if I did not make it
              clear, ok? I am happy to help!
              P V WebSolutions

Comment

Hi Liz,
                Overall the site is nice. I don't like the yellow text on the first page where it says telephone orders and individual advice welcome. I would change that color only. I wouldn't list all the Emu products as out of stock - I would list as back ordered. The terminology is more positive. You may want to post a few testimonials. Ask yourself, what sets your website apart from others.
                Do you have any specials like buy 1 get the 2nd at half price? Just some thoughts.

Comment

Thanks Goldpaw

I will take a look at your suggestion

Regards

Liz

Comment

Thanks Victory 1

I do not understand the term back ordered and I am not sure the customers would either. I have tried special offers in the past and they made no difference to the number of orders that came in and I have even emailed all my customers with a special offer and they have not taken me up on that either! I am always looking to improve the number of sales as it is a niche market, in a year there have been about 10,000 visitors and probably only about 200 orders!

regards

Liz

Comment

Rangaz

How do you do white boxes with rounded corners for the images and to which section are you referring?

regards

Liz

Comment

Hi Liz

I have replied to your question in the notification that I received from you (as per below)

Basically all you do is add a shape. Go to the "insert" tab at the top in the bluevoda website builer. Then go to insert shape. You should see a blue square pop up.
                        Double click the square, the on the first drop down menu, choose "Round Rect".
                        It will then change to a rectange with round corners. YOu can change how round you want the edges my changing the number below that dropdown in the "round" bit.
                        The all you do after that is change the colour to what you want it to. And the effect type, you can have a solid colour, or two colours mergeing together. JUst select which one you want in the drop down.

FInally just place the box/rectangle where you want in on you page. If you place it over text, and the text dissappears. Just right click your mouse and select "move to back". This will the move the shape to behind any text you have.

This is how I did mine on my site. Hope this is of use.

The section I am referring to is at the top of your homepage where you have the small thumbnails. I think if you mount these on a white background, with a small border around each one, it would look a lot better.

I have done something similar on my homepage at the bottom. I have four images on a white background, with a green border around each one.
                        Cheers
                        www.psnutrition.co.uk

Comment

Thanks for the description. It has now become obvious to me why I couldn't work it out as I have built the site with oscommerce and not bluevoda! But thanks anyway.

regards

Liz

Comment

ahh, I see, no worries!
                            www.psnutrition.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                            X