Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Publishing up to date

Hi,

I have updated my website and it publish Ok but when I put a search in for it, the webpage I view has an old title and is not updated.

Can anyone please throw some light on why this is not updating?

Re: Publishing up to date

its probably Google caching your old page.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Ok, I'm new to this and don't know what that means; can you explain? ais there anything I can do about it?

Thank you:)

Comment

What you can do in your browser under tools look for internet options and delete tempory files. and clear history. This sometimes helps.
        sigpicJoe
        Funny Jokes and Redneck Pics

www.anytime-figurines.com

"laughter is the best medicine"
        The most wasted of all days is one without laughter. ~e.e. cummings

Comment

Originally posted by jkadin View Post
          What you can do in your browser under tools look for internet options and delete tempory files. and clear history. This sometimes helps.
          Hi, I have C CVleaner and run that regularly, just did it yesterday, so presume that would help? I saw another post with same problem and someone suggests deleting all files from public_html directory. Apparently that wroked when he republished. I thought theat the files had to be in there for publishing to take place; is this not the case?
          :)

Comment

Originally posted by Christi B View Post
            Hi, I have C CVleaner and run that regularly, just did it yesterday, so presume that would help? I saw another post with same problem and someone suggests deleting all files from public_html directory. Apparently that wroked when he republished. I thought theat the files had to be in there for publishing to take place; is this not the case?
            :)
            Firstly, explain what you mean by 'when I do a search', are you saying that what you see on Google is an old version of your page? If that is the case then YOU can't do anything to your account, temp files, or server to change this, this will just change in time.
            Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Originally posted by Marincky View Post
              Firstly, explain what you mean by 'when I do a search', are you saying that what you see on Google is an old version of your page? If that is the case then YOU can't do anything to your account, temp files, or server to change this, this will just change in time.
              Hi,

If I enter the url into the web address bar or just enter a google search for the name of my website, an older version comes up.

Comment

Hi,

Use your Blue Ftp and goto your public_html and delete the old page and then republish again.
                www.siapamoyanganda.com/
                Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
                State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Hi , I have just tried your suggestion - sent into Bluevoda tools FTP manager (presume that's where you meant) and files came up but all as sub directory folders. When I click on a folder the files come up with .bvp not public _html.

Not sure if what I am meant to be looking at?

Comment

Hi ChristieB,

Sorry I misunderstood your post.

Quote: If I enter the url into the web address bar or just enter a google search for the name of my website, an older version comes up.

Why it happens is the Google Bots are not visiting your site as regularly.
                    Or it visited once and never came back?? So they still have your old url which the Bot index previously.

Look at your Meta tags, page contents, links in your webpage are important factors for google Bots and Yahoo Slurp to visit your site.

Goto cPanel and select "Awstats" you can view how many times all the various search engine bots had visited your site to index your webpages.

Subscribe to Axandra new letter and you can learn a whole lot.

What you can do is add new content to your index page and republish, then see what happens.
                    www.siapamoyanganda.com/
                    Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
                    State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Originally posted by zuriatman View Post
                      Hi ChristieB,

Sorry I misunderstood your post.

Quote: If I enter the url into the web address bar or just enter a google search for the name of my website, an older version comes up.

Why it happens is the Google Bots are not visiting your site as regularly.
                      Or it visited once and never came back?? So they still have your old url which the Bot index previously.

Look at your Meta tags, page contents, links in your webpage are important factors for google Bots and Yahoo Slurp to visit your site.

Goto cPanel and select "Awstats" you can view how many times all the various search engine bots had visited your site to index your webpages.

Subscribe to Axandra new letter and you can learn a whole lot.

What you can do is add new content to your index page and republish, then see what happens.
                      Thank you very much; it seems to have come right, so i must have done something right in the end. I will visit Awstats, sounds useful.
                      I think the page title of each page and the meta tags have to be page specific dont' they?

Cheers:)

Comment

Working...
                      X