Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Website evaluation website!!!

Hi guys donīt know if this is exactly the right place for this but:

I found this amazing link to a website that evaluated your own website's performance and gave a score out of 10 for things such as page loading speed, and listed broken links etc...

I thought Iīd bookmoarked the site, but obviously didnīt and now canīt find it!!!

It was called something like ratemysite.com or evaluatemysite.com I think!...

Would really appreciate someone supplying a link to it again!

Thanks so much...

G

www.rebelwebdesign.co.uk
    www.freerideacademies.co.uk
    www.rubyshouse.co.uk

Re: Website evaluation website!!!

Originally posted by horhay View Post
    Hi guys donīt know if this is exactly the right place for this but:

I found this amazing link to a website that evaluated your own website's performance and gave a score out of 10 for things such as page loading speed, and listed broken links etc...

I thought Iīd bookmoarked the site, but obviously didnīt and now canīt find it!!!

It was called something like ratemysite.com or evaluatemysite.com I think!...

Would really appreciate someone supplying a link to it again!

Thanks so much...

G
    If you want a useful tool, go here or use the Google webmaster tools.

and in relation to a tool that tells you your site page download time, you don't need one of those. I can tell you that your three sites in your signature take too long to download. They are extremely nice, and I notice you put the emphasis on pictures more than text, but those images are going to stop anyone with dial-up unable to see your websites.
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Thanks so much marincky,

giving the link you posted a try now,

I know the flippin sites are too slow! its really bugging me!

Iīve resized the pix, cropped them, and saved them as jpegs but if i go below 80% when i save them, they start to block out and look rubbish, have you got any tips... Iīve noticed other sites using massive pictures as their mainstay on say the hompage but still getting fairly good load speeds...

I think Iīm just missing something basic, like making sure the pix are 72 dpi, but Iīve checked that already and they are...

ps, that website evaluation website was way cool though, gutted i canīt find it no more...

G

Comment

Hey marincky.

just as an example,

how did you get your whizz catz header image down to 14kbs its mega crisp and clear!!! Looks great...

I seem to lose so much quality if i go below 80kbs for a similar size image...

Cheers,

G

ps, just having a play with trial web ceo, it looks scary in that could be interpreted by the search engines as scanning for results... it came up with a message saying, it was scanning at a slow speed so as not to be picked up by the search engines... sounds alarming, no?

Comment

Working...
        X