• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Publishing my pages but not appearing on the domain name

I am publishing my pages.

It does appear on the temporary URL

http://67.228.244.198/~cretomia/

but not on the actual domain name i.e. www.opalinefashion.com

The temporary URL only shows the index page. the other pages are hyperlinked as...

www.opalinefashion.com/contact_us.html
    www.opalinefashion.com/about_us.html

etc...

but nothing is appearing on the proper website.

i am totally new at this and have followed everything BLUE VODA told me but i am totally stuck now.

PLEASE HELP!!!

Re: Publishing my pages but not appearing on the domain name

I'll take a look but for your info becuase you keep starting new threads for the same question. In this forum click on user CP and it will show you everything you've posted and you can then rely to those.

stand by....

Darren

Comment

Here is your problem

Your name servers are currently

Name Servers:
      ns11.creativeon.net
      ns12.creativeon.net

They should be those of Vodahost. Details of this will be found in your welcome email from VH (the one with all your login details)

If you have access to the domain registry itself thats great. If not you may have to contact WILD WEST DOMAINS, INC to do it for you.

If you look at the bottom of the Bluevoda Builder, you'll find tutorials where this subject is covered.

Regards

Darren

Comment

what are the name servers for VH?

Comment

They vary slightly, because they have many servers.

Have a look at your the email Vodahost sent you (The one with all your login details) You'll definately find them there.

Darren

Comment

cheers darren.. i have found them mate..
            ns1.voda30.com67.228.169.48ns2.voda30.com67.228.169.49

It has been modified through my domain registry..
            now what?

Comment

it is saying that it will take 48 hours to take effect. I would have to wait till then.

Do u think that after 48 hours, all the pages that i have published should be displayed on the domain name? rather than the temporary link?

Comment

Originally posted by koolzme View Post
                cheers darren.. i have found them mate..
                ns1.voda30.com67.228.169.48ns2.voda30.com67.228.169.49

It has been modified through my domain registry..
                now what?
                Excellent.... Just wait now. They call it probgation. Can take up to 24 hours for the connection to happen..... Sometimes quicker, some I've done as little as 30 mins.

Regards

Darren

Comment

its working now.. it is displaying my home page on the website. Thanks a million darren.

But i need to change some things on the home page now. So how do i do it? amend the changes in Blue Voda and publish them right away..

or delete the home page from the file manager first and then upload the home page again??

Will it be the same with every change i make for any page? would the original page needs deleting and fresh page should be published again or does it simply overwrite the existing page??

Please reply back

Comment

Originally posted by koolzme View Post
                    its working now.. it is displaying my home page on the website. Thanks a million darren.

But i need to change some things on the home page now. So how do i do it? amend the changes in Blue Voda and publish them right away..

or delete the home page from the file manager first and then upload the home page again??

Will it be the same with every change i make for any page? would the original page needs deleting and fresh page should be published again or does it simply overwrite the existing page??

Please reply back

No need to go into file manager. Just make the changes in BV and republish. New will overwrite the old.

Regards

Darren

Comment

... also as you are now in build mode, I've noticed that your pages are too wide (Ok if you have wide screen but not for the majority of us) Try to make them between 800 & 1000 wide.

Darren

Comment

i have tried doing that.. but unfortunately couldnt find the way to do it.
                        u mean 800 horizontally? and 1000 vertically?

Comment

horizontally!

Right click a blank bit of the page and click on page properties. Put your sizes in there.

While you are there, click the centre in browser check box.

When you've done that look at the top of the page and you'll see the measuring guide and you'll see where your page should end.

When building always work from the far left (don't be tempted to start in the centre) The page will automatically centre in the browser because you told it to earlier.

Now because this a new subject, and as with any new subject, search the forum because they have usually covered.

If you can't find your answer, then start a NEW thread to get the attention of all the volunteers here.

You should only use the same thread if your initial question remains unanswered

Regards

Darren

Comment

Working...
                          X