Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• e-mail link

Hi,

How do you make an e-mail address on a contacts page a link to e-mail please?

Cheers,
    Tony.

Re: e-mail link

This Tutorial shows you how > http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/hyp...yperlinks.html
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Hi Tony.

What yo want do do is type in the email address and highlight it, then go to the hyperlink button at the top to create a link and instead of http://www.example.com type mailto:info@example.com

Hope this helped.
      Professional Custom Logo Design & Corporate Branding Solutions.

Comment

It must be added though that this is not the best way to get people to contact you by putting a clickable email link on your site for a couple of reasons.

A clickable email address leaves yourself open to spam and also when people click on the link it will try and open whatever is their default email handler. In some cases this will also bring up a warning message to say 'A Program is trying to open' but it won't say what program, and many people will fear this message and close your site down. You are better off creating a form on your site.
        Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

The Tutorial addresses all of this clearly, Gentlemen. Every User has to make choices accordingly, and having the Tutorial to learn from is the way to go.
          . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
          * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

The tutorial offers a way to create a link . I offer sound advice on why he should consider using the form method for his email. I have seen you post a very similar suggestion several times in the past.

This forum is for offering not just technical support but advice too. It is my advice as I know it would be the advice of other decent members on here.

Something the tutorial (although perfect in it's description) does not address clearly as you put it.
            Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Working...
            X