Installed Oscommerce then crashed ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installed Oscommerce then crashed ?

I have installed Os commerce, had it boxing along quite nicely, done daily backups then it crashed wiped the front and back ends.

My php database in cpanel has the files, question is how do I get them back into the Cpanel/public_html/ includes & Cpanel/public-html/admin.

Better still is there a quick fix for upload of the database files to the above mentioned files, or do I need to start from again.

It's happened twice doing the same thing and a lot of work is being lost with a re-install.

Appreciate any sound advice.

Re: Installed Oscommerce then crashed ?

Submit a Support Ticket and request that your site be "restored from backups" and it is likely that you will recover the configuration from the last set point.

It is not necessary to manaully do backups arbritrtarily, and only serves to introduce more instances for possible fault to occur, as the server itself makes regular backups.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Thank's so much Vasili, appreciate the sound advice, is it doing this because I am making site backups from the installed program thus creating a language conflict it's got me quite puzzled. It happens usually happens during removing unwanted images that I have uploaded.

Paul

Comment

Yes .... just remember to Save your changes before exiting each Admin Panel and all things will be fine (providing you are refreshing your browser as well, to view the new page loads and not freaking out thinking your changes didn't take hold).

Comment

Vasili,
          I,m really freaking out now !!, I submitted a support ticket and they went in to cpanel and had a look... & said the only back up they could find was in the trash & would I like it restored, then another e-mail 10mins later said "I think you should contact osCommerce.
          I think this sounds a little ominous as I can see the files required for & to change within PhP Admin databases files.
          I think I can stop it happening again by using FTP to upload & download all images, the real issue is how do I get it back online, if the professionals aren't sure its a real how to then.
          Appreciate the expertise provided by yourself & other voda,s

Paul

Comment

Dunno .... something is amiss in Support.
            We know they are slammed trying to remotely manage servers hit by IKE (Houston is still under water), but if it was me, I would like to know who I was talking to and then try to get in front of someone else that is more inclined to explain the reality that I need to deal with. As long as you can get into your cP, do a manual site backup and email it to yourself from cP. I can understand how by overdoing Admin functions you may have rocked the "settings" boat, but I would snag as much as I could while the getting was good (in the meantime, let them come back to you with a "satisfactory resolution").

Comment

Working...
            X